Ace sidecount for KO?

blackchipjim

I'm asking if an ace sidecount would be worth it for a person that uses the KO count system. You would still keep the count the normal way but enhance it with a sidecount of aces so you wouldn't get burned like someone did in another thread. I have experienced this frustration of high counts or low counts that were skewed because of the all the aces coming out either in the begining or end of the shoe. I would think that knowing the configuiration in regards to aces left to aces played would be asset or am I off base here?

Mimosine

when i was playing KO I was often interested in this same question, I've asked it before, and never got positive responses. Thus I graduated to UBZII.

The problem with KO is that you already are keeping track of the aces in the count. To eek out more of an edge is probably possible, but the amount of this edge above your RC will be diminished.

I would like to hear other opinions on it though, my BJ math is a little rusty after being AWOL for several months now...

blackchipjim

ace count

Thank you for answering the thread I was hoping you would rise to the question. I just thought that when a certain level of aces were left or where dealt that risk adverse index would come into play. I would think a simple sim would show the effect of removal at given points in the deck. I don't have a sim nor the gray matter to find out. Thanks.

Mimosine

blackchipjim said:
Thank you for answering the thread I was hoping you would rise to the question. I just thought that when a certain level of aces were left or where dealt that risk adverse index would come into play. I would think a simple sim would show the effect of removal at given points in the deck. I don't have a sim nor the gray matter to find out. Thanks.
Well i learned a lot from reading BCC recently. I guess you could try to calculate the edge of removing lots of aces, or remove lots of 10s and leave aces. There are programs to do this. QFIT might have options. Look at the extremes, see what the edge is? if there isn't a big edge at the extremes then in the middle it won't matter.

you could also do the SD experiment. Get one deck out, add aces, or take them all out, deal a few hundred hands and track results.

If there are no aces left, then the RC most of the time will be low and it might be time to wong out. if there are a higher proportion of aces, then the RC is high, you should be betting big, and taking insurance. if you have edges that increase or decrease by more than 0.5% then maybe a side count is warranted. if its less than that, the combined volatility shouldn't alter strategies.

these are my loose, un-professional, thoughts.