Advantage from Perfect Play

Thanks for responding to my post, from what i've seen online that's the program I'm looking for. My computer is unable to install it :( You stated in an old post your very experienced with this program. The only goal I had in searching for this program was to find out the player advantage if the player could utilize the cards played and deviate from strategy based on this, making every correct decision for every combination of cards remaining in the shoe. I read that it could be 3% player advantage? If you, or anyone could tell me an exact % that would be fantastic. Thanks for any help.

Sucker

guitarhero said:
If you, or anyone could tell me an exact % that would be fantastic.
It's not possible to be able to compute the exact advantage without knowing the penetration, your betting ramp, house rules, whether or not you're playing heads up - or with a full table; etc.

ah very good point. Sorry I'm fairly new to this site. penetration - 8-10 cards remaining in shoe. flat betting. bj 3:2, dealer hits soft 17. playing dealer 1v1 just me vs dealer, no player vs player. surrender not allowed. double any total. split up to 3 times. hole card, american rules. and strategy based on remaining deck composition. that's all I can think of. anything help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

21gunsalute

guitarhero said:
ah very good point. Sorry I'm fairly new to this site. penetration - 8-10 cards remaining in shoe. flat betting. bj 3:2, dealer hits soft 17. playing dealer 1v1 just me vs dealer, no player vs player. surrender not allowed. double any total. split up to 3 times. hole card, american rules. and strategy based on remaining deck composition. that's all I can think of. anything help would be appreciated.
Why would you flat bet?

I wish my computer wasn't old so i could install that program and do these stats my self :(
I just wanted to know if the player had an advantage if you knew the combination left to play in the shoe with just betting flat. If there is an advantage?
well Ya i would be curious about the same scenario with a 1-8 spread. Any help would be appreciated.

21gunsalute

guitarhero said:
I wish my computer wasn't old so i could install that program and do these stats my self :(
I just wanted to know if the player had an advantage if you knew the combination left to play in the shoe with just betting flat. If there is an advantage?
well Ya i would be curious about the same scenario with a 1-8 spread. Any help would be appreciated.
Only if you're wonging in when you have an advantage and wonging out when the advantage disappears. The idea is to get more money on the table when you have an advantage. If you're flat betting the entire time you're going to lose money in the long run because the house has an overall advantage.

21gunsalute said:
Only if you're wonging in when you have an advantage and wonging out when the advantage disappears. The idea is to get more money on the table when you have an advantage. If you're flat betting the entire time you're going to lose money in the long run because the house has an overall advantage.
... that's my question. If I was flat betting with Perfect play based on the remaining deck composition, the house would have the advantage? what %? Why would the house still have the advantage if your making every statistically correct possible decision while flat betting?

BJgenius007

Richard Munchkin said:
Over half the time you have a disadvantage. Your advantage comes from bet spread, not playing decisions.
To answer the OP's question, if you memorize all indexes and play perfectly, the house has 0.02% advantage. So, you need some kind of spread, even just mildly, to beat the house. Flat bet won't work even you play perfect indexes. And everyone makes mistakes, even geniuses.

BJgenius007 said:
To answer the OP's question, if you memorize all indexes and play perfectly, the house has 0.02% advantage. So, you need some kind of spread, even just mildly, to beat the house. Flat bet won't work even you play perfect indexes. And everyone makes mistakes, even geniuses.
Woo! an exact %. Thanks for the response. So with the 0.02% house advantage, if you had a bet spread of 1-4 what would that player advantage turn to? 1-8?? Thanks.

iCountNTrack

guitarhero said:
How many decks are you playing, if it were single deck (i doubt it) you will be playing with an advantage with perfect play advantage is ~3%. Keep in mind that perfect play is much easier said than done....

21gunsalute

guitarhero said:
... that's my question. If I was flat betting with Perfect play based on the remaining deck composition, the house would have the advantage? what %? Why would the house still have the advantage if your making every statistically correct possible decision while flat betting?
But you have to get to that point. You can wong in and out and flatbet, but if you're flat betting the whole time you will be at an overall disadvantage.

21gunsalute said:
But you have to get to that point. You can wong in and out and flatbet, but if you're flat betting the whole time you will be at an overall disadvantage.
how many decks ?
even flat bet if deep pen. like that,
certainly u get the edge from perfect play.

21gunsalute

jnrwilliam said:
how many decks ?
even flat bet if deep pen. like that,
certainly u get the edge from perfect play.
Certainly you do not. The house still has an advantage even if it's very small. You cannot obtain any overall advantage by flat betting unless you're wonging in when you have an advantage and wonging out when you don't...unless the house has such great rules that the the overall house edge is negative, meaning the house is at an overall disadvantage.