Advantage Player - Would it make a difference playing 6d or DD

Ryemo

airfree said:
Wondering how others feel about playing DD or 6 decks. Does it make any difference for an advantage player.
Yes, here’s some differences:

1) 6D typically attracts less heat than DD because DD is usually a better game by comparison (most of the time).

2) Your EV on most DD games will be much higher compared to 6D. Your variance on DD will be greater too, due to higher positive TC frequencies.

3) N-Zero is usually significantly lower on DD compared to 6D. Getting into the “long run” faster is the ultimate goal, right?

Midwest Player

DD if pitched is a much slower game than a 6 deck dealt out of a shoe. You have more time to think and more time to keep an accurate count. Also if you do lose the count in just a few hands it is over and we start over again. Also if the count goes bad there is only a few hands to go through as opposed to several decks with 6 deck.

DD rules can be different. Every single one I have played is an H17. After that, some have been doubling on 9-11, others, 10 and 11 only, some allow doubling after split and others do not, some you cannot re-spli Aces and some you cannot re-split any two cards.

The main thing is that you have to be vary of the number of players, the penetration and the rules. I would never play a full table. If the rules are decent and the penetration is about 70+ cards, I will play with no more than 3 others, prefer to play with just 2 other players. If the penetration is only about 60-65 cards, and the rules are bad, I will play with no more than 1 other player.