Another I18 Question

Is the I18 referencing non-pair hands only?

For instance, 16 v 10 = 0 for index, but it doesn't specify hand composition, which could be a pair of 8s or a 10-6. Thanks

dark_hatchling said:
Is the I18 referencing non-pair hands only?

For instance, 16 v 10 = 0 for index, but it doesn't specify hand composition, which could be a pair of 8s or a 10-6. Thanks
Check the splitting chart first. If you don't split follow the hitting index you quoted. Unless surrender is offered then surrender. 88 v T is a loser no matter how you play it. Surrender loses least and is great cover. If someone asks say you always surrender 16 that is a 16.

well i wasn't specifically talking about 8,8 v 10, i just used it as an example. 12 v 2 (6,6 v 2) could be another one.

i had just always pictured the I18 as hard, non-paired hands and it just dawned on me a few days ago that there's a few hands that could swing either way in the I18

and yes, i agree..8,8 IS a losing hand and it blows..especially if you split and get another 8... :flame:

dark_hatchling said:
well i wasn't specifically talking about 8,8 v 10, i just used it as an example. 12 v 2 (6,6 v 2) could be another one.

i had just always pictured the I18 as hard, non-paired hands and it just dawned on me a few days ago that there's a few hands that could swing either way in the I18

and yes, i agree..8,8 IS a losing hand and it blows..especially if you split and get another 8... :flame:
I go surrender, double/split, stand as the order of importance. 44 v 4, 5 or 6 is the only ones were split and double overlap. I like to favor doubling when they overlap for risk aversion but some favor splitting in hopes of getting a chance to double and get even more money on the table. The correct play varies from count to count and lies in the EOR tables. You need to have worked some numbers yourself to have a good feel for the answer in those tables. Many rely so heavily on their simulators that it is not obvious to them but they might be able to sim it to come up with the answer.