Answer Please

BLUE

On blackjackDr.com a chart shows odds. A 6 will bust 42% and make a hand of at least 19...31%. A player has favorable odds of 8-13 or a positive outcome of 23%.

Does that REALLY mean that a player can expect to win only 23% against a 6 upcard ... the best dealer upcard for a player to play against?

Blue

6 busts an average of 42%...so you will win 42% of the time, unless you bust first by hitting against a 6,,, when you do have a chance of busting by taking another card.

A lesson in this.... do not be afraid to hit when it is called for.

CP

iCountNTrack

BLUE said:
On blackjackDr.com a chart shows odds. A 6 will bust 42% and make a hand of at least 19...31%. A player has favorable odds of 8-13 or a positive outcome of 23%.

Does that REALLY mean that a player can expect to win only 23% against a 6 upcard ... the best dealer upcard for a player to play against?
Blue you need to forget about the dealer bust rate, it has been used over over with bogus systems. In any case what really matters and what you should know is that your overall expectation value (irregardless of your hand) when the dealer is showing a 6 is +23%. Win rate and bust rate belong to Voodoo section.

Last edited:

BLUE

Creeping and others

Charts show that with a 6 upcard U R favored to win $8 for every $5 lost. That is 8to13 (23%). Does that apply to the other 58% when a 6 does not bust.

So...overall a player wins 23% on a 6 upcard Right???

Sucker

I would first like to take the time to apologize for some of my colleagues on this site. Normally, this is a TERRIFIC site in which to get blackjack information.

I cannot seem to find the website you're talking about, so I couldn't verify that this is what they were saying, but those statements are not entirely accurate.

When the dealer has a six up, it's true that he'll bust 42% of the time, and he WILL make 19 or better about 31.5% of the time. But I don't know where the 8:13 figure or the 23% figure came from.

With a dealers' six upcard, and with correct basic strategy; your winning chances are about 3:2, which means you're going to win about 6 out of 10 decisions (counting a push as a non-decision), for an advantage of about 20%.

And what CP meant to say was that if you're STIFF you'll win 42% of the time. But in actuality there will enough times that you'll MAKE a hand & win, and this will bring the total win rate up to 60%.

shadroch

Sucker said:
I would first like to take the time to apologize for some of my colleagues on this site. Normally, this is a TERRIFIC site in which to get blackjack information.

I cannot seem to find the website you're talking about, so I couldn't verify that this is what they were saying, but those statements are not entirely accurate.

When the dealer has a six up, it's true that he'll bust 42% of the time, and he WILL make 19 or better about 31.5% of the time. But I don't know where the 8:13 figure or the 23% figure came from.

With a dealers' six upcard, and with correct basic strategy; your winning chances are about 3:2, which means you're going to win about 6 out of 10 decisions (counting a push as a non-decision), for an advantage of about 20%.

And what CP meant to say was that if you're STIFF you'll win 42% of the time. But in actuality there will enough times that you'll MAKE a hand & win, and this will bring the total win rate up to 60%.

Actually, CP has often stated that he loves to give bad information out to beginners. I don't think he mispoke at all. I think he was passing along more of his infamous bad info, or what passes for pearls of wisdom in his mind.
As for the question, anyone who knows BS knows you double against a dealer six whenever possible. Anyone who believes they should be doubling their bet in a situation that will result in a positive event only 23% of the time should not be playing the game.

Last edited:

nottooshabby

Sucker said:

I think BLUE may have been referring to the player advantage on a hand when the dealer's upcard is a 6, which is 23% (iCNT) or 24% (Griffin).

Last edited: