"back betting" - help please?

paymypush

johndoe said:
There's no way they lost money on backline exploitation. It's only reduces the house edge very slightly, and is easy to spot. There were certainly arguments and unpleasantness, which is understandable, as well as a greater chance of dealer error, but the amount of extra action available is tremendous. I expect they'll gradually bring it back, if they're really experimenting with it.
There were backline partnerships that were backed off but I agree that the house couldn't have lost on it. The tables had 7 spots and were filled to 3 deep capacity especially on weekends. That's 21 blackjack bets per round not to mention side bets. Remember Super 7s or Over and Under 13? Not a lot of hands per hour when the dealer has to settle all those bets.

They are saying that they're losing money on the $1 games which is why they removed two of them.

johndoe

Got it, it's the $1 table that loses money, not the backline part. I believe it, even with the ante or whatever they did. And especially in the Fox tower, which usually caters to people who spend more. They'd be wise to put more regular BJ or SP21 tables in.

Meistro said:
https://wizardofodds.com/games/blackjack/appendix/19/

As you can see the small bet splits more aggressively than basic strategy. Splitting 22 v A, T, 9 and 8 for example. There is a 0.2% gain by employing this strategy.
I see basic strategy here for back bettor and main seat player.
Is it same for ENHC game? Where can I find back bettor strategy for ENHC game? I think only difference is that A A Split vs 10 or A isn't followed by Back Bettor.
What do you think?

Meistro

I really don't think ENHC would make much difference, because you're not choosing to follow on any of the vs T or A splits anyway.

You do follow AA v T in ENHC.