Back off question/Cannery-LV

shadroch said:
I just spent ten plus hours at the Cannery over two days, spreading $5-40 and didn't feel a wiff of heat except whenI played with a guy who seemed to be playing a simple progression- four bets of ten, four bets of twenty, four bets of forty, four bets of eighty. After an hour or so of fairly steady losing, he won his four bets of eighty, including a double down. Pit went bonkers. Within minutes, they switched dealers, bought more chips and changed the cards, as well as having two suits watching the table. It was annoying as I decided to flatbet to avoid being accidently linked to him somehow. The guy did have BS down pat and if he was counting, he was damned good at disquising it.
He wasn't counting. If he was depth-charging you would have seen 60 or more index plays being used, not BS.

shadroch

I don't believe he was doing anything but upping his bets when he got hot.
He had his bets laid out well in advance, as he tried to tell the pit.

shadroch said:
I don't believe he was doing anything but upping his bets when he got hot.
He had his bets laid out well in advance, as he tried to tell the pit.
I stumbled up a so called blackjack expert who goes by the name Ion Saliu, Blackjackologist At-Large. He has written a lengthy article on the web stating that all the old counting systems can not make you as much money as his "THEORY OF PROBABILITY APPLIED TO BLACKJACK" system. After reading the article it appears to be based on the probability of streaks. Of course he is trying to sell his wares.

Just wondering if the player in question was using his system. Has anyone heard of this guy or know anything about his so called findings. Just curious.

Sonny

fsscout said:
Has anyone heard of this guy or know anything about his so called findings. Just curious.
Yes, that person has a long and humorous history on these websites. He has been banned several times on this website alone for promoting his bogus systems and spreading false information. He has even resorted to personal threats agains some members, including Ken. Search the Voodoo Forum and you will find quite a few threads pointing out the errors in his systems.

-Sonny-

daddybo

Streaks exist... There is 98% chance you will encounter one. Either losing or winning. There is a 5.26% chance you can predict the beginning or ending of one. (okay, so I made the numbers up) :)

Last edited:

assume_R

daddybo said:
Streaks exist... There is 98% chance you will encounter one. Either losing or winning. There is a 5.26% chance you can predict the beginning or ending of one. (okay, so I made the numbers up) :)
83% of statistics are made up on the spot...