Bankroll vs. RoR

anglinw

Revisiting AP after a 4 year leave of absense. Some things have changed, some, not at all.

With a limited BR of $2500 and a higher tolerance for RoR say 20%, should you play better games at higher minimums or more mediocre games allowing you to keep the max bet at 1% of BR.

Specifically,

2D, S17, DAS @ $25 mins (.19 house advantage) max bet $125, or

2D, H17, DAS @$5 mins (.40 house advantage) max bet $25 or 1% of BR as often suggested.

Paramaters are fixed: $2500 Bankroll, 2 Deck games only, basic strong hi/lo count, anticipate 30 hours of table time. Penn is unknown until buy-in, hope greater that 50%. Stated rules are based on what games are easily available in Vegas, per "LVBS" survey for December, 09.

Thanks for any constructive thoughts.

blackjack avenger

Expenses

If expenses are coming out of your irreplaceable bankroll and you have to fly to Vegas you are in a very grim situation in either case!:joker::whip:

anglinw

No Expenses

Bankroll stated is 100% gaming dollars, expenses coming from different resources (frequent flyer miles, friend condo in Vegas, other cash). Re-evaluated potential BR last night, it may be slightly higher, perhaps in the 4K range. I have researched the best games with lowest mins, practised thousands of hands, mastered a solid count, with nearly no error.

Had a great run last half of 2005. Over played, over bet, black a lot. Tripped 12 CTRs, according to the IRS. I was on the outragous end of any positive deviation, and I knew it. Cutting back was not acceptable to the wife. Needless to say, the BR disapeared, then the wife. Far better off without the wife, but scrounging up any reasonable bankroll is now a major problem. I hope to build back up, but now with a slow and steady approach, and much sharper counting skills. And I won't have to carve out a grand a week on NEW CLOTHES & SHOES!!!!

With only playable games in AC (much closer to me) being 6D shoes mostly with $25 mins, I think it is safer to cash in miles for the 5 hour flight to McCarian on this pathetic BR. Is it unrealistic leaving a house edge of about .40 at green chip level for .35 2D pitch games @ $3-5 mins for off strip Vegas, with such a rediculously low bankroll?

Any constructive thoughts, concerns, suggestions greatly appreciated.

ace157

well as you established earlier, ur risk is a lot lower with the lower mins. also, you said that your travel expenses were coming from other resources which means you're really not "losing" anything by traveling to a different joint. you are essentially being freely transported to a game with lower mins (lower risk) and a smaller advantage to the house.

lemme know if i missed nething

kewljason

anglinw said:
With only playable games in AC (much closer to me) being 6D shoes mostly with $25 mins, I think it is safer to cash in miles for the 5 hour flight to McCarian on this pathetic BR. Is it unrealistic leaving a house edge of about .40 at green chip level for .35 2D pitch games @ $3-5 mins for off strip Vegas, with such a rediculously low bankroll?

Any constructive thoughts, concerns, suggestions greatly appreciated.
in regards to your original question. I would go with senario #2. Playing a $25-$125 spread with a $2500 BR is just crazy by my thinking. Way too high of a RoR.

As for the AC games, there are still 8 deck games at $10 minimums if you can play during the weekdays. A few are even still S17. (borgata, trop, resorts)