Basic strategy..., Now what?

Love this site...lots of good info all around.

Anyways, I just got into BJ and I've already learned the basic strategy. My question is, where do I go from here? Counting?

What other strategies are useful to know?

Thanks!

*EDIT* Just found the BJ School tab on the left side...that should cover everything right?

Last edited:
Well if you have got enough information about blackjack game, and learnt enough blackjack strategies, then you must try your hand in blackjack game by play on a free game provider websites like one of those good game provider is Bodog. Playing there you can also try your strategies and can also learn card counting, as counting would be easier by playing practically rather than learning by books.

StudiodeKadent

It depends on what you are going for.

Are you aiming to play blackjack in order to make money from the play itself?

Then learn card counting.

If you simply want to increase the value for money of your entertainment, then play slowly, push for comps, and play perfect basic strategy. Ask the dealer protocol questions. Mull over the correct way to play hands. Banter at the tables. Keep getting comped drinks.

If you do this, and play rated on a player's club card, and take advantage of all the comps, you'll lose almost nothing in the long run.

Harry_Balzonia said:
Love this site...lots of good info all around.

Anyways, I just got into BJ and I've already learned the basic strategy. My question is, where do I go from here? Counting?
Comp-counting requires only BS and can be much more profitable for a casual player than counting. zg

bjcardcounter

zengrifter said:
Comp-counting requires only BS and can be much more profitable for a casual player than counting. zg
I almost double my 200$ BR playing at 10$ min just by using Basic Strategy for a bout 3-4 hours. I have only tried 3 times - and am I a starter in counting. Tried last time but it was a failure - I lost the count. But still won by Basic Strategy. Anyways I understand that it may not be good in the long run.

its been a while since I've commented

bjcardcounter said:
I almost double my 200$ BR playing at 10$ min just by using Basic Strategy for a bout 3-4 hours. I have only tried 3 times - and am I a starter in counting. Tried last time but it was a failure - I lost the count. But still won by Basic Strategy. Anyways I understand that it may not be good in the long run.

No, it's not good over the long-run but any win is good in my book! :joker: