best book for a begginer

i was looking for the best book that i can read for a begginer to count cards. i have been playing recreational blackjack for 2 years and i want to step it up to a new level. guys please help

thanx

mxking03 said:
i was looking for the best book that i can read for a begginer to count cards. i have been playing recreational blackjack for 2 years and i want to step it up to a new level. guys please help

thanx
Maybe try two: get The Blackjack Zone by Eliot Jacobson and Professional Blackjack by Stanford Wong.

TBZ has a very good subjective analysis of what it takes to be a profitable player and how you need to adjust your mind, and PB takes an objective look at the application of the High-Low count.

MrMaster

DID YOU READ THE FAQ?
DIDN'T THINK SO...
It has the answer to most of the questions you will think of!
http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showthread.php?t=9666

The first book I read was Black belt in blackjack by Arnold Snyder, and I liked it!
It's relatively easy to read and it introduced a wide range of subjects. Around the same time I also read Professional Blackjack, but it wasn't as clear as BBiBJ.
But if you are interested in the Hi-Lo system, by all means get Professional Blackjack.

Last edited:

shadroch

I'll second The Blackjack Zone and add Blackjack Bluebook 2 to the mix.
Not only is BB2 a very easy read,but the author is a regular here who seems to answer any questions people posit to him.

BJinNJ

Consider...

Blackjack Blueprint, Million Dollar BJ, Blackjack for Blood, Beat the Dealer
and Playing BJ as a Business.

Pick two or three of those mentioned in previous posts, or among these.
That should give you a good start.

BJ Bluebook II, Blackbelt in BJ and Professional BJ are all excellent, and
would be a fine BJ101 course of study.

BJinNJ :cool:

sagefr0g

best first book about blackjack to read? if i had it to do over again i'd choose John May's Get the Edge at Blackjack. gives a great overall picture. apparently does have some misinformation on i believe it was stacker play.

I would also highly recommend Blackjack Bluebook II by Mr. Fred Renzey. It's a very good read, and is presented in a manner that makes the methods easy to comprehend for a beginner. It was the first and best blackjack book I have read thus far.

mjbballar23

Where to get these books?

How about some good places to find books? Only places i look are amazon and half.com. Anybody have any other suggestions????

nightspirit

mjbballar23 said:
How about some good places to find books? Only places i look are amazon and half.com. Anybody have any other suggestions????
Have you visited the Gambler's Book Shop? Lot of excellent books. (Dead link: http://www.gamblersbook.com/weblink.cby/items/BLK100.html)

mjbballar23

nightspirit said:
Have you visited the Gambler's Book Shop? Lot of excellent books. (Dead link: http://www.gamblersbook.com/weblink.cby/items/BLK100.html)
That site looks good. Has a lot of the more rare BJ books, which is excellent. However, i was thinking more along the lines of used books...