Best software?

Toxic

I've read so much about CVCX or CVBJ but then there's CVData?

The info on qfit is a bit cryptic to be. Are these separate programs that work together? Can I just get one or two?

If I'm transitioning from hobby to professional play (been counting casually with KO for 10 years) where should I start?

Naturally I don't want to pull a lot out of my br for software and more books. I've also seen stuff from BJAprentiship being touted.

Can someone with more experience help me decide the most effective software and/or bang for the buck?

Edit: Also is this coming in the form of a CD? I'm currently on a Dell computer that is 7 years old. Will I even be able to run the sims? Windows XP.

Ryemo

1) Yes, all of the software you just mentioned is sold separately. But all three are worth every penny!

2) CVCX - Probably one of the most important pieces of software that you'll own. This software is designed to help create optimal bet spreads, and highlight your RoR, hourly EV, SCORE, SD, etc.

3) CVBJ - This is the ultimate practice tool. You can take the optimal bet spreads created in CVCX and apply them to CVBJ. You can pre-define you bet spreads and indices and the software will correct you when you make betting or strategy errors.

3) CVData - This software is designed to run more complex simulations, to account for betting cover, counting and playing errors, etc., etc.

If I were you, I would consider purchasing all three. If you purchase the bundle, you get a little bit of a price break too.

Last edited:

Toxic

Thanks ZG.

Ryemo, the free version of CVBJ and Data seem a bit difficult to use. I know they were made a while ago, but is the bundle more user friendly?

gronbog

The free version is identical to the actual product except that the answers are all wrong. The actual product(s) come with detailed manuals. It's not bad once you get the work flow.