bet spread

I have been bplaying BJ using hi-low count in AC since last march (04)when I was laid off. I play at low betting levels $25 table with a very small spead of 1-5. I just went over 1000 hours and have shown a profit of $18,600. My question is this. Since I play at all 6 and 8 deck games and have read numerous times that you need a larger spread than I have to beat them, Have I just been lucky or can you win with a smaller spread such as I am using (oviously winning less than with a larger spread) I like using a small spread because I attract no heat what=so-ever.

Are you wonging?

Yes, from the considerable reading I have done on the subject, your spread is too low to win with a play all approach in the long run...unless you are limiting your play to neutral and positive counts only...either by back counting to Wong-in on positive counts....or by starting from the top and exiting when the count drops below a certain True Count, usually -1, (a technique referred to as the White Rabbit)...or you are shuffle tracking...or you are hole carding...or you are ace-predicting...or you have an arrangement with the dealer...or you have just been lucky :)! Which of the above is your story?

yes, I am playing at $25 tables. Base bet of $25 up to max bet of $125. I leave the table on negative count of -1 or so, unless very late in the shoe, then I just sit out.

thanks again