Bishop Snyder on the love of winning

Sermon: What's Love Got to Do with It?

by Bishop Snyder

(Blackjack Forum Vol. XXIV #3, Summer 2005)
© 2005 Blackjack Forum Online

An ambitious new card counter recently asked me what I thought was the most important trait for a blackjack player to have to ensure his success-math ability, or a good memory? I told him I didn't think either of those talents was the single most important trait for a successful blackjack player. Most of the successful pros I know are pretty good at math and memory, or at least, they worked at those things enough to get sharper than most people. But I do know some very successful players who are far from exceptionally gifted in those areas, and they'd be the first to admit it.

"So, do you think it's the art of deception that's the most important thing?" he asked. "Does it all come down to acting and the ability to fool the pit?"

"Well," I said, "con artistry is important, too, but it's not the most important factor."

...continued here - http://blackjackforumonline.com/content/WhatsLoveGotToDoWithIt.htm

Fascinating, Rush says almost exactly the same thing

Rush Limbaugh agrees. The only thing in his life he's really loved doing is talking on the radio, and it's the only thing he hasn't failed at. He says that the most important thing for success isn't discipline, because if you have the desire you'll get the discipline, and if you don't you won't. The most important thing is desire and loving what you do.

the ingredients of the potatoes

What is most important? Love!! If you surrender to the lies within yourself than the blackjack table could invite you being the genius yourself.

Stork