Bootlegger has passed away

WRX

As announced on the bj21.com Green Chip boards, the respected player, guitar picker, and author Mike "Bootlegger" Turner has passed away. He had developed lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma, a form of non-Hodgkins lymphoma.

Booty

WRX said:
As announced on the bj21.com Green Chip boards, the respected player, guitar picker, and author Mike "Bootlegger" Turner has passed away. He had developed lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma, a form of non-Hodgkins lymphoma.
Sad news indeed.

Another legend gone.

He was a good man with a good heart, even if we did go at it once or twice.

CP

paddywhack

That's terrible news. He was such a nice man. Although I never had the pleasure of playing with him I did spend some time with him at a GC function.

What a class act. He will be sorely missed.

QFIT

A loss to BJ and the world

About as even-tempered, all around nice guy you could ever find. He spent his life in an area filled with conflict, and yet always maintained his balance, respect for others and humanity. A true gentleman.

creeping panther said:
Sad news indeed.

Another legend gone.

He was a good man with a good heart, even if we did go at it once or twice.

CP
The Bootlegger that got banned here a couple times, I do not believe was the same Bootlegger. zg

Renzey

WRX said:
Another unexpected and sad event. I spoke with him twice some years back, and those exchanges evidenced him as an honest, forthcoming, salt-of-the-earth kind of guy who seemed to put his ego behind his respect for other people. I am truly sorry to hear this.

bigplayer

WRX said:
I knew Robert (Bob) (Mike was either a middle name or pseudonym for his book) for more than 10 years. He was one of the nicest guys in the community. In the real world he was a regional director for the AFCME Union before retiring several years ago. He was generous and took time out from his vacation trips in Las Vegas to stand the picket lines with the other workers during the infamous New Frontier strike. Variance struck the wrong way as he got sick shortly after retiring.

He will be missed and my condolences to his wife Diana (Bootie). I've searched for his Obit in the Cincinnati newspaper but nothing has appeared yet.

metronome

Was going to start a thread re: if it was known or commonly posted, of the number of members who've gone on to the great SD, 100% pen., no heat, game in the sky. Think I just got my answer in a most unfortunate way.
RIP Bootlegger

metronome said:
Was going to start a thread re: if it was known or commonly posted, of the number of members who've gone on to the great SD, 100% pen., no heat, game in the sky.
Start the thread. We can also do a pool for who's next. zg