Can't hit or Resplit aces but CAN dbldown for min

As title says found a game with decent rules (6D, H17, DAS, LS) but something I've never seen before they let you double down on split aces.

So say I split aces and get a deuce and I have $500 up there, I can double down for less for the min ($10) to get a card. Just off the top of my head it feels like a no brainer since A2 is just a stiff and you're only paying 2%.

Is there anyway to find out strategy adjustments or even what the house edge is now that you can do something like that? I have a feeling it's a decent boon to the player because you could even double for min AceAce. And obviously you can double down normally on soft hands as in basic strategy.

Last edited:
I downloaded demo of CVDATA and contemplating purchasing it but I cannot figure out where I would add in this option of being able to double down after split aces (I see HIT split aces but I think that means you can hit any # of times which is not true for this game, also I'd imagine doubling adds some extra value possibly?)

PonyPrincess said:
As title says found a game with decent rules (6D, H17, DAS, LS) but something I've never seen before they let you double down on split aces.

So say I split aces and get a deuce and I have $500 up there, I can double down for less for the min ($10) to get a card. Just off the top of my head it feels like a no brainer since A2 is just a stiff and you're only paying 2%.

Is there anyway to find out strategy adjustments or even what the house edge is now that you can do something like that? I have a feeling it's a decent boon to the player because you could even double for min AceAce. And obviously you can double down normally on soft hands as in basic strategy.
ans. is simple :
-ve EV =>>> double with the table min. when u make a big bet, the cost is only a few % of your orin . bet.

Solo player

PonyPrincess said:

I think it is an excellent rule. I look at it as one of those risk averse plays.

I would much rather double for the table min. on a poor hand and try to improve it, instead of re-split again. Re-splitting aces again doesn't come as often as, getting poor cards on the splits to begin with. As far as strategy goes, well if your betting 25 or higher and can double for a nickel on a poor hand I do it every time. Why not? But this only my opine. I don't really know what the math would say.

Wizard

Wow, it is quite clear that the "Wizard" really likes the ladies,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,:cool::grin:;):cool:

His table on DDOSA only confirms my statements as to, "the worlds greatest shoe BJ game".:grin:

CP

Last edited:

Cardcounter

If you can double for less when you have soft 17 or less and are not allowed to hit unless you double you should always double. The question is should you double for the max or minimum? That depends on what the dealer has if the chart says to double on the soft hands like soft 17 vs a 6 than double for the max. If you have like Ace-2 vs a 7 double for the minimum.