CC.com I18

Theef

Active Member
Are the I18 indices on this site rounded or floored? If I have a hi-lo running count of 5 with two thirds of a deck dealt in a DD game, am I doubling my 9 vs 7?

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I couldn't find it in a search.
 
Generated using Wongs PBJA

I am not sure about your question. I used Wong's PBJA, version 4.0 available from bj21.com to get the numbers. I looked through the instruction manual and it had no information to answer your question. It gave an address for a contact, but that has to be out-of-date. You may want to address your question to the technical person at www.bj21.com, and if you do get an answer, please share it!

Sorry I can't do any better,

--Mayor
 
Further, the question is irrelevent...

..."floored," "truncated," "rounded," makes NO DIFFERENCE... except that rounded are easier and therefore BETTER! nuff said. zg
 
How about this way...

Double down and split- rounded up
Surrender- rounded down
Hit/Stand- rounded towards the origin to increase their frequency of play and make you look more like a sub-basic strategy player
 
Good idea

Double down and split- rounded up
Surrender- rounded down
Hit/Stand- rounded towards the origin to increase their frequency of play and make you look more like a sub-basic strategy player


I like that idea! But I'd rather do it with indices *generated* using that method than some other set of indices. Like ZG says, it may not matter much. But it matters a little, doesn't it? I prefer to play as accurately as possible, assuming all sets of indices require the same effort to learn.
 
Back
Top