Chasing aces.

Ok this has probably been covered so excuse me.. But if you are playing heads up. And when the counts positive, would it be then a good move to go from one spot to two. With the thinking just still low flat bet maby $25 and $25. Just to catch aces and land blackjacks. Because you now have 66.6 chance that the ace will land not 50/50?? Kinda like spreading to two or more spot if doing ace shuffle tracking. I have read there’s no need to go from one spot to two when playing heads up so just puzzles me. When playing a full table and high count I feel I miss a lot more often, and the bj goes to the other players witch is similar thinking..

MrFatCat

There's other threads on here on this subject, but I believe the punchline is that you slightly reduce variance by moving to two spots, and you get more money onto the table by doing so, but you do eat through cards faster so you'll get slightly less rounds of positive count this way.

I highly doubt you're going to be able to bet $25 on two spots as your max bet and be playing a profitable game (since you describe it as heads up against the dealer, so you're presumably unable to wong).

For the full table example, it's all variance who gets it, you can't sweat it, in the long run the point is that more blackjacks than usual will come out when the count is favorable, even if some of them are going to other players. You'll get your share. In fact, might be better to look at it as a positive when another player gets the high-count blackjack -- at least the dealer didn't get it!

Thanks for the reply, I will do some more research in older threads too. $25 and $25 would be my 0 count bet not my max (And just back to one spot at $25 in anything negative) max is $400. More the bank grows the bigger it gets lol. Nice to know I’m not mad and might help a little with variance..

BoSox

MrFatCat said:
There's other threads on here on this subject, but I believe the punchline is that you slightly reduce variance by moving to two spots, and you get more money onto the table by doing so,
Any time you are putting more money on the table you are increasing variance. When playing two hands betting with proper money management you will get more money on the table while keeping the risk of ruin the same as playing only one hand with a 25% higher max bet than playing two hands of 75% each of what a one hand max bet would be.

MrFatCat said:
For the full table example, it's all variance who gets it, you can't sweat it
Everyone on the table who is betting money experiences variance "risk" regardless of the number of players on the table.