Cheap trips to vegas

dj56

Where is the best place to book a 3night trip to vegas in late may flying from midwest (KC). Ive looked at southwest vacations and they have some pretty good deals about $300 per person flight and hotel for 3 nights monday-thurs. but was wondering if anyone knew a cheaper site?

Mr. T

This article from USA Today Las Vegas

I never expected it to come in this low," says Las Vegas Advisor publisher Anthony Curtis. "It's an amazing time right now." (Prices for all properties are minus taxes and fees and aren't necessarily the official posted rates.)

Hotels where under-$20 rooms were found include popular downtown Vegas properties (Binion's, Four Queens, Golden Gate) near-Strip options (Hooters ) and the Sahara on the Strip.

Under-$30s include the Strip's Circus Circus, Riviera and Tropicana.

Among lodgings where under-$40 rates were uncovered: Flamingo, Harrah's, Las Vegas Hilton and Rio.

In the under-$50 group: Bally's, Hard Rock, Luxor.

If you want to stay where high-rollers do, now's the time. Summer is not high season in Vegas. There are fewer conventions, and temperatures can be uncomfortable (topping 100 degrees this week).

It's possible to get into the Wynn Encore, for instance, for $109 a night, with a $75 resort credit for a two-night stay. Curtis knows of a man who says he paid $109 at Encore, with a second night free, after signing up for its guest e-mail list.

"The values in Las Vegas are the best I've ever seen," says Vegas.com marketing vice president Bryan Allison, who has been in town 16 years. These days, "upscale isn't reflected in the price."

Starting this month, luxurious The Signature at MGM Grand is celebrating its third birthday with a "Celebration" package valid through Aug. 31. Rates start at $129 a night, and include perks such as a $100 beverage credit and upgrade to a suite (based on availability) for those celebrating birthdays in July and August.

The Advisor (LasVegasAdvisor.com) says it found a $110 rate at The Venetian, vs. $199 last July.

Allison says rate drops aim to keep hotel occupancy up and lure guests in hopes they'll spend money gambling, eating, drinking, clubbing, shopping and seeing shows. But gaming revenue is down. And Vegas-area hotel occupancy January through April averaged 82.4%, down 6.7% from the same period in 2008, the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority says. Average daily rate through April was $87.30 this year, down from $132.74.

Vegas.com has been offering a package that includes airfare from New York City and two nights at the Luxor for $354 a person, including taxes. It also has a promo involving MGM Mirage: Stay any of the chain's properties for at least three nights and get two complimentary tickets to any Cirque du Soleil show or to The Lion King.

For more info log on to The Advisor (LasVegasAdvisor.com)

Deathclutch

dj56 said:
Where is the best place to book a 3night trip to vegas in late may flying from midwest (KC). Ive looked at southwest vacations and they have some pretty good deals about $300 per person flight and hotel for 3 nights monday-thurs. but was wondering if anyone knew a cheaper site?
If you find some good places make sure to share with us, I fly out of the same place :grin:

Mr. T

The other recent articles in there shows that prices at the present time have drop futher in LAS from the rates in July.

kewljason

Mr. T said:
This article from USA Today Las Vegas

I never expected it to come in this low," says Las Vegas Advisor publisher Anthony Curtis. "It's an amazing time right now." (Prices for all properties are minus taxes and fees and aren't necessarily the official posted rates.)

Hotels where under-$20 rooms were found include popular downtown Vegas properties (Binion's, Four Queens, Golden Gate) near-Strip options (Hooters ) and the Sahara on the Strip.

Under-$30s include the Strip's Circus Circus, Riviera and Tropicana.

Among lodgings where under-$40 rates were uncovered: Flamingo, Harrah's, Las Vegas Hilton and Rio.

In the under-$50 group: Bally's, Hard Rock, Luxor.

It's possible to get into the Wynn Encore, for instance, for $109 a night, with a $75 resort credit for a two-night stay. Curtis knows of a man who says he paid $109 at Encore, with a second night free, after signing up for its guest e-mail list.

"The values in Las Vegas are the best I've ever seen," says Vegas.com marketing vice president Bryan Allison, who has been in town 16 years. These days, "upscale isn't reflected in the price."
Not only are room rates down at the moment, but the real estate market is so depressed and over built, that there are incredible deals to be had there as well. Last month I purchase a high rise condo 1 block off the strip for less than 30% of the original sale price. This is building that was built 3 years ago in 2006. The cost of my 20 year mortgage comes to $14 per night. ;)

Kewl

kewljason said:
Not only are room rates down at the moment, but the real estate market is so depressed and over built, that there are incredible deals to be had there as well. Last month I purchase a high rise condo 1 block off the strip for less than 30% of the original sale price. This is building that was built 3 years ago in 2006. The cost of my 20 year mortgage comes to $14 per night. ;)
Good job!!

So you have your future all planned out.:cool: You can flip burgers and still make ends meet,,just don't get sick without health ins. Find some major medical or get a part time job that you can buy in to a plan.

CP

Machinist

Sounds like we found the cheap rooms

kewljason said:
How many room condo was that you say?????????????????????

Machinist

kewljason

creeping panther said:
Good job!!

So you have your future all planned out.:cool: You can flip burgers and still make ends meet,,just don't get sick without health ins. Find some major medical or get a part time job that you can buy in to a plan.

CP
Actually no need to even flip burgers, CP. Because the building is half condos, half hotel, I have the option of letting them rent out the unit when I am not there and the commission I get for doing so is greater than my costs, so I could actually make money by not being there. Of course that defeats the whole purpose. Plus not crazy about strangers in my place, but it is always an option. :)

kewljason

Machinist said:
How many room condo was that you say?????????????????????

Machinist
It is small machinist. 1100 sq ft. LV, kitchen, bath, 1 bedroom. But this is not my primary home just a way to spend more time in Vegas. (especially winters)

Best feature: the balcony...facing strip, can just get a glimpse of the dancing waters. :)

nottooshabby

kewljason said:
It is small machinist. 1100 sq ft. LV, kitchen, bath, 1 bedroom. But this is not my primary home just a way to spend more time in Vegas. (especially winters)

Best feature: the balcony...facing strip, can just get a glimpse of the dancing waters. :)
Way to go Jason! Congratulations :)

21gunsalute

dj56 said:
If you wait a few weeks to book (after Jan 1), prices on Southwest (and other airlines) will no doubt drop even more. Room rates will probably drop also. With the depressed economy they're willing to make great deals when it looks like they aren't likely to be solidly booked. Expedia and other bargain sites can also provide great deals but I've had my best success with Southwest.

Thunder

kewljason said:

Best feature: the balcony...facing strip, can just get a glimpse of the dancing waters. :)[/QUOTE
Jason, if you can, try getting another condo there using your current condo as collateral and just rent it out. This is how the rich get richer. :)

darco77

kewljason said:
Jason, is this in the MGM Signature? I've had my eyes on those units for a couple of years now.

kewljason

darco77 said:
Jason, is this in the MGM Signature? I've had my eyes on those units for a couple of years now.
I wish. :rolleyes: Anyway, I'm not promoting a particular property nor wish too divulge any more info about my part-time residence. I was just pointing out as I am sure everyone knows how beaten down the Vegas real estate market is. Every where has been beaten down, but Vegas is among the worse. Many properties available at a third or less of the price they were selling just 3 or 4 years ago. And no where is this more evident than the condominium market where they have way over built the demand. And yet they continue to build! :eek: Of course the high end properties are always in demand by the rich and fabulous folks, but the mid range properties drop in value very quickly. They become old hat quickly. And yet still a very nice place to call home, whether permanately of part-time. IMHO.

Machinist

Small !!!!!

kewljason said:

My first two houses were less sq. ft. than that...... The other question im sure that is on some peoples mind is how are your neighbors.... If ya get my drift.... LOL....... Just kidding.. Sounds like a sweet second place......
I'm sort of planning on being in the area around superbowl if i can ... I should check things out also.... Thanks.

Machinist

kewljason

Machinist said:
My first two houses were less sq. ft. than that...... The other question im sure that is on some peoples mind is how are your neighbors.... If ya get my drift.... LOL....... Just kidding.. Sounds like a sweet second place......
I'm sort of planning on being in the area around superbowl if i can ... I should check things out also.... Thanks.

Machinist
Neighbors? I don't know. Haven't met many yet. I have met one guy on another floor that lives there year round and plays poker for a living, but my early indications are that it is a parttime residence or second home for many people. Add that to the fact that half of the building is a hotel and well it seems to have a transient feel to it. People that are using the hotel seem to stay for many days or even weeks at a time though rather than just an overnight type place. It has been quiet during my time spent there.