Colored blackjack side bet

Hi all, I'd like to ask experts if this side bet could be mathematically profitable.
Basically it consists of betting to get a blackjack of the same colour, for example Ace of Hearts+King of Diamonds and is paid 35 to 1.
You play with 6 decks and you can bet 5 or 10€ at tables with minimum bet of 10€, and 10 or 20€ at tables with minimum bet of 20€.

I tried to do some calculations and knowing that the odds of getting a blackjack are about 4.74% (1/21 hands) and that the odds of getting a blackjack of the same colour are 2.37% (1/42 hands), I assumed a scenario like this:

- 2 decks played (so 4 decks left)
- 4 aces out (so still 20 aces to play, therefore 5 aces per deck)
- 28 figure cards out (so still 68 figure cards to play)

Essentially we are at a TC=2 with hi-lo system.

Applying the formula to find the probability of getting a blackjack we yields this:

F=(10s_left/cards_to_play)*[Aces_left/(cards_to_play-1)]+
(Aces_left/cards_to_play)*[10s_left/(cards_to_play-1)]= 6.31%

So, in this condition we would get a blackjack every 16 hands and a coloured blackjack every 32 hands, so would be advantageous since it pays 35 to 1.

Assuming then the same proportion of aces at a TC=7 we would be at 8.17% (one coloured blackjack every 25 hands).

Looking at this it seems a mathematically advantageous bet in certain situations, or maybe I have not considered some variable? What do you think?

Thanks to discuss

DSchles

What you haven't considered is that the maximum bet you can make is rather low, which limits the profit potential. Additionally, you have to know the frequency of the advantageous situations. If they turn out to be, as I suspect, rather infrequent, then the combination of these two restrictions may render the situation somewhat unexploitable.

Don

Thank you for your reply Don.
To see the frequency I think to I'll have do some sims with CVCX/CVDATA, also to see the EV.
The maximum bet is not high but being a side bet should be increase my general EV

Not at all what i expected opening this thread, wow! You just brought another dimension into poker for me! That up there looks fun and seems to apply to any kind of cardgame, where can i learn more?