Composition dependent strategy

In a shoe game, what is the correct stragety for a sixteen consisting of three or more cards vs. a dealer 7,8,9,10,A? Is there a chart for this?

moo321

drtomoh said:
In a shoe game, what is the correct stragety for a sixteen consisting of three or more cards vs. a dealer 7,8,9,10,A? Is there a chart for this?
There are, but in a shoe game you really are better off relying on index plays.

FLASH1296

Simple Composition-Dependent Basic Strategy directs you to stand on all multi-card 16's vs. a dealer Ten; but this is completely meaningless in a shoe game.

bjcount

drtomoh said:
Here's some CD results I came up with a while ago using CVData for some 15 & 16 v 9 and 15 & 16 vs 10 hands, for whats it's worth. RPC RA & ZEN RA indices

BJC

Attachments

Kasi

drtomoh said:
The best way is to buy k_c's software if you really care. Basically you need software.

For a BS player off the top of an 8D S17 game Hit
9,6,A
vs dealer 10. Stand on all other 3-card combos vs dlr 10.

Hit, in the same game,
8,6,A,A
7,6,2,A
6,6,3,A
3,A,A,A
2,2,A,A

Things could vary slightly depending on whether "shoe" means 4 or 6 or 8decks.

For moo321, as you can see, sometimes a "count" will not yield the correct play for a specific set of cards.

While being "almost" completely meaningless, unlike maybe the FLASH says that it is "completely meaningless", I actually do that crap and enjoy the flak I get for not "hitting" 16 vs 10 lol.

But the FLASH is correct in, if you choose to adopt a BS rule of "always stand on 3-or-more 16's vs 10", you'll be "almost meaninglessly" better off :grin:

You will likely suffer criticism from time to time from self-described BS experts at the table who will call you a jerk for not hitting these hands.

That, to me, is priceless. As the $3 more it may likely cost me in my lifetime is well worth the angst I cause them to experience.

Five years ago I declined another free beer and I figure I'm even on doing this for the rest of my life :grin:

I think lmao.