Conservative ramping

Dopple

I only allow myself $500 a year to play cards with. Last year I blew the $500 fairly quick. This year I am have a good variance and now find myself up $500. With a mere $1000 bankroll what would me the most conservative ramp I could use and still maintain a small edge? I plan to wong out at -1 counts. I have a pretty good experience and appreciate the risk of ruin. I like the feeling of being just a little up on the game want to be careful and not loose my little bank to bad variance and/or overbetting. I will be on the $5 tables. Thanks for the feedback if I get any. Nice to be back on the forum with this group.

Hi Dopple,
I’m in a similar position as you. I also have 1k bank roll right now. Apparently, it is pretty tough to play with a low RoR with this size bank roll because their is not enough room to increase bet size that will be substantial enough to get a good edge. I am going to play with a high RoR and only wong in a high positive EV counts of true +3 or higher. I will bet a max of $40 and once the count drops below 0 wonging out.