Counting for Profit vs. Vacation

SleightOfHand

QFIT said:
Afraid I'm a failure as a hippie. Last visit to the Islands, we stayed in a suite down the beach at La Samanna. An unusual story from the road. We checked in and sat on the balcony to unwind after the trip. After a minute, we heard this very odd sound. It took awhile to find it. There was a stairway leading from the balcony that curves up to the roof where we had a private sun deck. Under the stairway were some tropical plants. The sound came from the planted area. I peeked into the plantings, and saw a cat that appeared to have some sort of growth hanging from it. The growth fell off. I had interrupted the poor cat while she was having a litter. I checked the list of amenities, and this wasn't on it. Had a difficult time explaining a cat giving birth on my porch to the woman at the other end of the phone line, given that my French was worse than her English. By the time I got back, the cat had spirited her newborn brood to another hiding place. A lot of strange events accompany travel. But that was a first for me.
:laugh: Funny guy