curious!! please reply :)

hi guys! i have started playing blackjack last two months. i have pretty much mastered the bs and i can count pretty well with hi and lo system. sometimes i lost count whenever someone try to talk to me :p but i have my friend to tell me so its allright :grin: i have been winning about $400 so i guess i m doing allright and i am wondering is there anyone in this forum who is a proffesional Bj player i mean playing blackjack daily or oftenly? i m just curious as i feel that it is pretty hard to win on BJ all the time:)

callipygian

Nobody wins all the time, not lucky people, not basic strategy players, not card counters, and not professional players.

If you're counting cards correctly, you'll be winning about 44% of your hands, and losing about 48% of your hands. The catch is that you should be winning big bets more often, so that on average you'll win more money than you lose.

kewljason

bluegirl said:
i feel that it is pretty hard to win on BJ all the time:)
Yes I would say so!! Pretty hard to win most of the time as well. and some times it feels like its pretty hard to win any of the time. :laugh: I play 3 days a week on average. average around 800-1000 hours a year, although this year will probably be closer to 1200 hours. I dont know if I qualify as a professional, but blackjack accounts for a good portion of my income. Admittedly I have minimal living expenses though. (Large cardboard box and lots of peanutbutter & jelly sandwiches) lol

Last edited:

SD Padres

kewljason said:
Yes I would say so!! Pretty hard to win most of the time as well. and some times it feels like its pretty hard to win any of the time. :laugh: I play 3 days a week on average. average around 800-1000 hours a year, although this year will probably be closer to 1200 hours. I dont know if I qualify as a professional, but blackjack accounts for a good portion of my income. Admittedly I have minimal living expenses though.
You play 5 hours a day?

kewljason

more like 7. Atlantic city usually about 6 hours for a day trip. 14-15 for 2 day trip. when I hit vegas I pack in up to 12 hours a day.

kewljason

unfortunately I spend most of my time playing crappy 6 and 8 deck games on the east coast and am limited by bankroll to smaller stakes play so my hourly average is still under $20/hour. :sad: Still better than my last job of $14/hr.

mjbballar23

kewljason said:
unfortunately I spend most of my time playing crappy 6 and 8 deck games on the east coast and am limited by bankroll to smaller stakes play so my hourly average is still under $20/hour. :sad: Still better than my last job of $14/hr.
If you dont mind me asking...how much is your $bankroll$? I am curious how much professionals get by with....

Last edited:

kewljason

mjbballar23 said:
If you dont mind me asking...how much is your $bankroll$? I am curious how much professionals get by with....
How much one can "get by with" varies greatly I suppose depending on the risk of ruin one accepts, whether one has outside income and can replenish bankroll ect. In my case, replenishing BR would require getting a job, so I am very conservative with my wagering. My BR is currently 18K, although until very recently was never above 15K.

kewljason said:
How much one can "get by with" varies greatly I suppose depending on the risk of ruin one accepts, whether one has outside income and can replenish bankroll ect. In my case, replenishing BR would require getting a job, so I am very conservative with my wagering. My BR is currently 18K, although until very recently was never above 15K.

How do you live ? Do you live at home with your mother and father ? Are you on goverment programs ? Are you homeless ? Do you sleep in shelters or your car ? Just wondering how a true AP enjoys their life with all the money they make. It seems to me if any of the above are true it would be much easier to get a job insterad of hustling for pennies.

kewljason

omg! didnt really intend to bore everyone with my autobiography. Was just trying to answer Bluegirls questions from my perspective and trying to impress that even playing very small stakes requires a large bankroll. However, as I have said before, I am lucky in that my expenses are minimal. I am 25, not married, no children, mortgage or even an automobile. (city boi, public transportation) I share an apartment with significant other who happens to own the building, so I just pay food and utilities. My largest expense is the nights I go out to the clubs. :cool: Hopefully bankroll will continue to grow to the point that I can wager more and win a respectable hourly rate.

rukus

kewljason said:
omg! didnt really intend to bore everyone with my autobiography. Was just trying to answer Bluegirls questions from my perspective and trying to impress that even playing very small stakes requires a large bankroll. However, as I have said before, I am lucky in that my expenses are minimal. I am 25, not married, no children, mortgage or even an automobile. (city boi, public transportation) I share an apartment with significant other who happens to own the building, so I just pay food and utilities. My largest expense is the nights I go out to the clubs. :cool: Hopefully bankroll will continue to grow to the point that I can wager more and win a respectable hourly rate.
if you are only making 20/hour with 18k (even in AC), you need to change your game.

kewljason said:

So you are gigilo ? I presume "significant other" is female ?

kewljason

Going to ignore Inplays comments of gigilos, government programs, homelessness, sleeping in cars and shelters. Have given way more details than I ever intended too. Again, I was just trying to make the point that in my case I am lucky in that my expenses are minimal. I would certainly like to hear Mr Rukus's thoughts on "changing my game" to increase my winnings. You should however keep in mind that for me priority 1 is keeping my RoR very very minimal.

Last edited: