"Cutting Edge Blackjack"

Anyone know the reputation of Richard Harvey? I bought his book "Cutting Edge Blackjack", it has some interesting theories that make me question the initial assumptions of Braun, Thorp, etc., but his mathematical proof is questionable. I am starting to think he is full of crap. Any help would be appreciated.

bigbjfan

When I was first learning to play blackjack, I purchased his 1st book, which had pretty good info for a newbie. I made some $$$ using his techniques while learning basic strategy. His second book is very confusing to me and don't think his strategy would work any better than a good counting method.

alexgnfnr said:
Anyone know the reputation of Richard Harvey? I bought his book "Cutting Edge Blackjack", it has some interesting theories that make me question the initial assumptions of Braun, Thorp, etc., but his mathematical proof is questionable. I am starting to think he is full of crap. Any help would be appreciated.
ive heard of that book, but then again some of them sound the same.. i hate when i read something in a book thats like "whoa, wait a minute, i thot that.. but.. this cant be right..", because then i have to do extra work just to find out that hes full of it.. crappy bj books are rare (at least in my experience), but crappy video poker books are not

Sonny

That book is total garbage. The advice he gives about “predicting” the dealer’s hole card is flat out wrong and can be very dangerous.

-Sonny-