CVData v. CVCX

LovinItAll

Hey,

I'm comparing a sim I set up in CVData versus the results I get in CVCX. As you can see from the graphic below, there is a big difference between the results. In CVData, the parameters are:

D/D, H17, DAS, RA - Spread = 1-4, Ramp= TC<=+1-1 unit, TC=+2-2 units, TC>=+3-4 units - 75 hds/hr.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Here is the data:

Thanks ~ L.I.A.

assume_R

It looks like you have set up your betting wrong in the CVData sim. There is no way your standard deviation per hour is only $15. So make your own betting spread (don't use a canned one). You will type in how many units you bet at each count, and if you ever wong out. Then once you select your custom betting spread, you should change the $ per unit (as the "Unit Size:" option) on the "Betting" screen.

bjcount

From my experience and past correspondence, CVCX does not run the same as CVData otherwise you wouldn't need to purchase both. CVCX runs optimum spreads and all those other fancy calculations. CVData runs the actual simulation. You will most probably never get similar results, maybe you will get close, but not similar.

CVData has so many variables, such as all the options to how you bet, when you raise or lower, same on push, etc. etc. that the results will not be the same that cvcx gives you becasue these are not even options.

As assume_r says, you may have entered the info in the betting tab of cvdata incorrectly or something else is incorrectly checked.

There is definately something not right as your results are at both ends of the spectrum (-1.53) up to $34.21 win/hr.

Are you sure your CVData is running 1.5/2d game? with the same rules? Even the canned bet spread should prove better results than a neg win rate.

BJC

LovinItAll

assume_R said:
It looks like you have set up your betting wrong in the CVData sim. There is no way your standard deviation per hour is only $15. So make your own betting spread (don't use a canned one). You will type in how many units you bet at each count, and if you ever wong out. Then once you select your custom betting spread, you should change the $ per unit (as the "Unit Size:" option) on the "Betting" screen.
My spread/ramp in CVData is as follows:

Spread = 1-4, Ramp= TC<=+1-1 unit, TC=+2-2 units, TC>=+3-4 units

I double checked - it's correct. I can take screen shots of that if you stil lthink that has to be the issue. Also, I adjusted the unit size before running the sim. I can SS that, too.

I use CVData frequently, so I'm no stranger to setting the correct parameters. FWIW, this issn't the first sim that has yielded significantly different results - I can post more if you'd like.

@BJC: I understand what you're saying, but if you'll look at the graphic, you'll see that I entered a custom ramp in CVCX for whole units that correspond to the CVData sim.

As I said, if we can't get by the 'you're inputing the vars wrong', I'll post them.

Thanks ~ L.I.A.

LovinItAll

Yeesh. I deleted CVData and installed from the disc. Different results, but still a large disparity between CVCX. Here are the screenshots from both apps. Please note that the results from CVCX are from whole units, not 'optimal;' betting:

If I've missed something, please let me know. I'd like for the apps to at least display results that are very close given the same input parameters.

Thanks ~ L.I.A.

P.S. Maybe 'Complete HiLo' and 'HiLo-Full Indices' is not the same?

assume_R

LovinItAll said:
If I've missed something, please let me know. I'd like for the apps to at least display results that are very close given the same input parameters.
For a TC of +2, you have 2 units being bet in CVdata, which would be $50. But in cvcx you have $75.

LovinItAll

assume_R said:
For a TC of +2, you have 2 units being bet in CVdata, which would be $50. But in cvcx you have $75.
You're right - it defaulted back to the canned ramp. It doesn't change much, though (makes it worse, of course):

Thanks for the catch ~ L.I.A.

QFIT

CVData follows your betting strategy, which may include complex cover betting. CVCX calculates an optimal betting strategy. Ifthe betting is the same, the results will be exactly the same.

bigplayer

Here's your problem.

IBA and SCORE are almost identical. (within standard error). So it had to be something else and it was...your settings show 75 hands per hour in CVCX and 100 hands per hour in CVDATA.

Last edited:

LovinItAll

bigplayer said:
The giveway, IBA and SCORE are almost the same. You have 75 hands per hour in CVCX and 100 hands per hour in CVDATA.
This accounted for the majority of the difference. Changing CVCX to 100/hr. raised the WR to $43.32.

Thanks guys ~ L.I.A.