Deck Estimation Hand Shuffled vs. ASM

Finrod

My home store hand shuffles. I have recently played a few other stores which use ASMs. The size of the six deck stack appears taller at the ASM stores. So much so that I had to ask if they were using six decks. Of course, I don't have them side by side and my head could be playing games with me, but can anyone confirm whether decks used in ASMs stack taller than hand shuffled decks?

21gunsalute

Card sizes are all different. That being said, I would think that hand shuffling would cause the pile of cards to become higher due to manual bending of the cards and the introduction of moisture from the dealers hands.

Could the store doing the hand shuffle possibly have an 8-deck discard rack which may make it look like the ASM store look like it is taller if it is put into a 6-deck discard rack?

Finrod said:
My home store hand shuffles. I have recently played a few other stores which use ASMs. The size of the six deck stack appears taller at the ASM stores. So much so that I had to ask if they were using six decks. Of course, I don't have them side by side and my head could be playing games with me, but can anyone confirm whether decks used in ASMs stack taller than hand shuffled decks?
Decks are same size. Either its an optical illusion, or maybe the ASM actually has 8 decks. zg