Departure point discrepancies

Dopple

Comparing UAPC indices from Ustons MD Blackjack book and pg. 259 of Wongs Professional BJ a question arises. Wongs tables are for 4D I realize but we see a pretty close correlation of indices across most of the left side i.e. 12-16 v 2-6 and a lot of the right half except 15/16 v 7 and 8. Wongs says keep hitting that 16 v A until you get to 3, Uston says wait til 10 to depart from the BS hit. Its 5 and 12 for the 15 respectively. I like to dig deep, just like some of the people I admire so much in this forum, so please help sate my curiosity. I know the systems are different but I have the feeling I am missing something.

DSchles

Dopple said:
Comparing UAPC indices from Ustons MD Blackjack book and pg. 259 of Wongs Professional BJ a question arises. Wongs tables are for 4D I realize but we see a pretty close correlation of indices across most of the left side i.e. 12-16 v 2-6 and a lot of the right half except 15/16 v 7 and 8. Wongs says keep hitting that 16 v A until you get to 3, Uston says wait til 10 to depart from the BS hit. Its 5 and 12 for the 15 respectively. I like to dig deep, just like some of the people I admire so much in this forum, so please help sate my curiosity. I know the systems are different but I have the feeling I am missing something.
Yes, you're missing something. You're comparing apples to oranges, because Uston's numbers are for S17, while the appendix you quote for Wong (A2) is for H17. The indices vs. the ace are very different for the two sets of rules. Try Wong's Appendix A4, and the numbers will be much more in line.

Don

Dopple

Don, thank you, I appreciate the response. You have corrected something in my play so very basic that I have overlooked for decades. It is always an honor to hear from you.

DSchles

Dopple said:
Don, thank you, I appreciate the response. You have corrected something in my play so very basic that I have overlooked for decades. It is always an honor to hear from you.
My pleasure. Glad to oblige.

Don

Dopple

Did Uston ever create any H17 index data or do I need to create my own? I don't remember any H17 numbers and just have photocopies of the S17 numbers. I am better off using hi-lo data maybe or going to Reveres system. I don't want to downgrade to hi lo right now.