Different 6D shoe games beatable?

flyingwind

I have been playing 6D shoe games with the following rules and penetrations:

Penetrations 2.5 decks, 2 decks, and 1 deck remaining depending on the store.

H17
DAS
DOA (Double any two cards)
Split aces only once, 1 card each only, and no doubling after splitting aces (I don't know the abbreviation for these)
No surrender

From everything I've read, I'm certain that the 6D shoe with penetration to 1D remaining is beatable using Hi-Lo. But I'm not so sure about the 2.5 and 2D remaining penetrations. From my reading, they are beatable, but my experience with these have been poor - sure that may be due to volatility, standard deviation, and dumb luck. But I want to check with the forum and those more experienced here to see if they are beatable. Is the hourly EV calculation the same regardless of the penetration, or different? (hands/hr x average bet x 1.5% advantage). Perhaps the advantage is different with penetration.

Are the 2.5 and 2 D penetration 6D shoe games beatable? And how different is one's advantage, EV, and volatility between 2.5, 2, and 1D penetrations? What's the mininum penetration for a 6D shoe game to be worthwhile?

Should I be using different betting spreads with the each penetration? (assume 1 unit = $10)

Assume play all hands.
Thanks

Last edited:

Dyepaintball12

Penetration definitely plays a factor in your hourly win rate.

2D and 2.5D you could beat but they are poor games and you can find better.

Oh and Double on Any 2 cards you can use "DOA"

NightStalker

yes

flyingwind said:
Should I be using different betting spreads with the each penetration? (assume 1 unit = $10)
Thanks
Yes yes.. pen=2.0decks increases your variance. I personally do not play anything worse than 1.5decks except when playing for comps.

ycming

Get CV data and they will tell you how much you will make on average / hour :).

I;d agree this is a bad game, is there any better ?

Ming

Koz1984

I play a fairly similar game. 8D, H17, DOA, DAS, cant resplit aces, no surrender. And yes, I can sense you all shuddering with disgust. However, Its the only decent game without me having to fly an hour away, and with pen at 1 deck (dealer dependent), it aint so bad. Ive so far run a tidy profit. So the games you mention are beatable, with good pen.

21forme

Koz1984 said:
I play a fairly similar game. 8D, H17, DOA, DAS, cant resplit aces, no surrender. And yes, I can sense you all shuddering with disgust. However, Its the only decent game without me having to fly an hour away, and with pen at 1 deck (dealer dependent), it aint so bad. Ive so far run a tidy profit. So the games you mention are beatable, with good pen.
You'd feel right at home in Atlantic City :)

And yes, the games are definitely beatable.

flyingwind

What is the minimum penetration for a 6D shoe game to be beatable?

3.5/6D - 58.3%
4/6D - 66.6%

Less? More?

Never been to Atlantic City. Are these the type of penetrations offered in AC?

Sucker

Given a large enough spread, just about ANYTHING is BEATABLE; including CSMs, and EVEN including 6:5 blackjack. But the REAL question is: Is the game so poor that your win rate amounts to not much more than just wasting your time? I know where I MYSELF would draw the line, but I would expect that different people would have different opinions on what they would consider "wasting their time".

flyingwind said:
I have been playing 6D shoe games with the following rules and penetrations:

Penetrations 2.5 decks, 2 decks, and 1 deck remaining depending on the store.

H17
DAS
DOA (Double any two cards)
Split aces only once, 1 card each only, and no doubling after splitting aces (I don't know the abbreviation for these)
No surrender

From everything I've read, I'm certain that the 6D shoe with penetration to 1D remaining is beatable using Hi-Lo. But I'm not so sure about the 2.5 and 2D remaining penetrations. From my reading, they are beatable, but my experience with these have been poor - sure that may be due to volatility, standard deviation, and dumb luck. But I want to check with the forum and those more experienced here to see if they are beatable. Is the hourly EV calculation the same regardless of the penetration, or different? (hands/hr x average bet x 1.5% advantage). Perhaps the advantage is different with penetration.

Are the 2.5 and 2 D penetration 6D shoe games beatable? And how different is one's advantage, EV, and volatility between 2.5, 2, and 1D penetrations? What's the mininum penetration for a 6D shoe game to be worthwhile?

Assume play all hands.
Thanks
If you're playing all, playing anything but the 1 deck pen is a poor choice. Pretty much any game can be beaten with backcounting and I'd suggest you only do that if you want to play a shoe game with pen to 2 or 2.5 decks.

Preston

This thread makes me feel lucky :)..

My two games I switch between:

2D 65-70% Pen, DOA, DAS, no RSA, 4 pair split No Surrender, H17

or

6d S17, 80% pen, DOA, DAS, RSA, 4 pair split, late surrender.

and they're both on my way home from work :).