Divided by what? TC

Dopple

Heres a little project some of the younger players may consider. I worked on this 20 years ago. Dividing by decks or half decks is always mentally taxing. Playing heads up going into the 40th round your looking at about 100 cards left and dividing by 3.69, 3.48, 3.28 etc. in HI-LO it would be half this value. If one could keep track of sets of multipliers it would take a kink out of the mental gymnastics. Its easy for the first 10 rounds (1 deck approx.) just using .09 and .1. The second deck .11, .12 and .13. 3rd .14.15.16. Make the excel spreadsheet if you like the idea. Getting into that critical 5th deck you have .27.29.31 as your multiplier for the 40,41,42 rounds. I don't know how some of these guys can do these side counts I am not that good but to develop a routine of thinking of decks as sets of ten rounds in the heads up game it would not take long to lock down these multipliers in your head and free up some valuable disk space. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

MrFatCat

Don't the Red 7 or REKO counts just do this artificially? Also I guess I'm not parsing the value here of being able to track down to the hundredths place for dividing TC -- you wager in increments of $5, so it's not like perfecting the math is all that useful, you're only wagering more than your base bet if you have an advantage. So the difference between wagering $5 more or less than the correct number when you have an advantage just can't be that significant in terms of ROR, EV, or anything else.

Dopple

Cat; Have you forgot about index plays? To be honest I have not even tried to implement this it is just another idea. IMHO if you fool around with enough stuff sometimes you find something that works. I don't know REKO but find it interesting that it works that way. I better get back to my CV drills, I have work to do. Thanks nice to meet you.

MrFatCat

Yeah I mean, I guess my real point is you need to focus on what's important -- trying to calculate and memorize multipliers based on rounds played is just adding complexity, and like I said, it's not like you wager exactly $23.84 at TC2.39 -- you have to pick either $25 or $20, so you round, but if you're rounding, you can simplify and round the TC as well...

Dopple said:
Heres a little project some of the younger players may consider. I worked on this 20 years ago. Dividing by decks or half decks is always mentally taxing. Playing heads up going into the 40th round your looking at about 100 cards left and dividing by 3.69, 3.48, 3.28 etc. in HI-LO it would be half this value. If one could keep track of sets of multipliers it would take a kink out of the mental gymnastics. Its easy for the first 10 rounds (1 deck approx.) just using .09 and .1. The second deck .11, .12 and .13. 3rd .14.15.16. Make the excel spreadsheet if you like the idea. Getting into that critical 5th deck you have .27.29.31 as your multiplier for the 40,41,42 rounds. I don't know how some of these guys can do these side counts I am not that good but to develop a routine of thinking of decks as sets of ten rounds in the heads up game it would not take long to lock down these multipliers in your head and free up some valuable disk space. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

It’s easy don’t press your brain to much, in my experience you may have to deal only %15 of time with TC. Just don’t blow out the sparks ⚡️ in your brain . The more relax you’re, better decision you’ll make.