Do the same "composition-dependent strategy" rules apply no matter S17 or H17?

Dopple

I think they are different based of S or H. I was just looking at that today in BJA3 about the middle of the book.

gronbog

Clearly the strategy will be different for hands vs dealer upcards 2 through 6 and vs ace. This is because these hands can lead to a dealer soft 17 and the distribution of outcomes for these hands will therefore be different.

Zero

gronbog said:
Clearly the strategy will be different for hands vs dealer upcards 2 through 6 and vs ace.
What? My indexes for 8D H17 DAS DOA and 8D S17 DAS DOA are exactly the same except for dealer A. Please tell me I haven't been using incorrect indexes for 9 years.

DSchles

Zero said:
What? My indexes for 8D H17 DAS DOA and 8D S17 DAS DOA are exactly the same except for dealer A. Please tell me I haven't been using incorrect indexes for 9 years.

From where did you get your indices? Clearly, several for dealer's upcard of 6 will be very different, especially, but not limited to, 12 v. 6.

Don

Counting_Is_Fun

Zero said:

You have been using the wrong indices for 9 years...

Zero

DSchles said:
From where did you get your indices? Clearly, several for dealer's upcard of 6 will be very different, especially, but not limited to, 12 v. 6.

Don
I'm pretty sure it was from one of the CV apps, probably CVCX. I wrote up a nice little spreadsheet and never looked back. And since I switched from WIndows to Linux a few years ago, I don't even have the CV apps installed now. Maybe I can get them working with wine. Anyway, please excuse me while I do a little reading and fix some numbers.

Zero said:
I'm pretty sure it was from one of the CV apps, probably CVCX. I wrote up a nice little spreadsheet and never looked back. And since I switched from WIndows to Linux a few years ago, I don't even have the CV apps installed now. Maybe I can get them working with wine. Anyway, please excuse me while I do a little reading and fix some numbers.

If you would share your results I would be grateful as I can't find the information for single deck H17.

Thank you,
yeto