Does other players' affect you?

I was playing yesterday DD with a bunch of old people. They just love side bets and will always stand on S17's (horrible play). I don't like to believe their play affects me or the outcome, but I feel when the TC +2 and these players are hitting their hard 13's against the dealers 6 I get screwed over.

Ryemo

Playing with a crowded table will impact your results negatively because you’ll play less hands per hour and you’ll be sharing all of those high cards with others in advantageous situations. Aside from that, you should not concern yourself with how others play their hands. It will have no affect on your long term results whatsoever. I don’t even pay attention to how ploppies play.

I don't have time to criticize ploppies. I'm too busy keeping track of the running count and making the right decisions on my hands.

Hell'nBack

cgasucks said:
I don't have time to criticize ploppies. I'm too busy keeping track of the running count and making the right decisions on my hands.

Don't play with other players. Then you will not worry over it and you will play more hands per hour.

ZenKinG

The answer is no because the general understanding and theory is a ploppies idiotic play can have easily helped you since no one knows what the next card would be or how it will affect the dealers hand after his hole card is shown.

The problem I have is I find it funny how everyone claims the answer is no, but no one has ever seen a sim done on this. Does anyone have any sims to back this up?

paymypush

JohnCrover said:
Other players actions don't affect you.
They don't affect you but it sure is nice of them to eat cards in negative conditions. I especially like the ones who immediately add a hand when I wong out. They are the "team players".

ZenKinG said:
The answer is no because the general understanding and theory is a ploppies idiotic play can have easily helped you since no one knows what the next card would be or how it will affect the dealers hand after his hole card is shown.

The problem I have is I find it funny how everyone claims the answer is no, but no one has ever seen a sim done on this. Does anyone have any sims to back this up?
The Wizard of Odds (Mike Shackelford) did a simulation.

You want to see EXTREMELY bad players sit down at any SP21 table. Just last night I was using some negative index plays..... My play was really annoying this guy (buys in for $6k at a $10 min!!!!). He proceeds to ask me to leave the table multiple times. After 20 mins I jokingly tell him I will leave if he paid me off and he ends up throwing me a PURPLE chip! So I happily left and found another table. LOL. :D

LC Larry

Gosha said:
You want to see EXTREMELY bad players sit down at any SP21 table. Just last night I was using some negative index plays..... My play was really annoying this guy (buys in for $6k at a $10 min!!!!). He proceeds to ask me to leave the table multiple times. After 20 mins I jokingly tell him I will leave if he paid me off and he ends up throwing me a PURPLE chip! So I happily left and found another table. LOL. :D
Grosjean has talked about buying seats. Maybe this person wanted yours (doubtful, but you never know) and was worth well over the $500 he tossed you!

LC Larry said:
Grosjean has talked about buying seats. Maybe this person wanted yours (doubtful, but you never know) and was worth well over the $500 he tossed you!
Interesting. Link? It was a full table. But there were other tables open in another pit both with no one else on them. He seemed like a well known regular at this store (had elite member card), he was flat betting $25 per hand at one spot. The very next round after I opted out and took his offer he still only played one hand. I left for another table after that.