Done for year, will start back next year with larger bank roll.

kcchiefsfan1982

Well, back to square one....back to even....for my career.

I need a break. Still love the game overall, but, I got my arse kicked this weekend, 3 days in a row.

I know, "Are you sure you are playing a perfect game" blah blah. The cards were what they were...but go ahead and say it anyways, I don't give 2 shits.

I should have a $15,000 bank roll by the time I start back up. I will stay in practice with Blackjack Verite.

DSchles

Fine for you to take a break if you are burnt out or simply in a poor frame of mind. But, if you're brooding because you lost a few sessions, then you're never going to make it at this. Wayne Gretzky famously said: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

Keep that in mind.

Don

kcchiefsfan1982

DSchles said:
Fine for you to take a break if you are burnt out or simply in a poor frame of mind. But, if you're brooding because you lost a few sessions, then you're never going to make it at this. Wayne Gretzky famously said: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

Keep that in mind.

Don
I plan on playing for the rest of my life. I just have a lot going on.

I am working my full time job while trying to begin 2 other jobs on the side, which I will eventually quit my current job and only do those two.

The two jobs both build residual income, which will allow me to have a blackjack career on the side.

The first is selling medicare advantage, medicare supplements, annuities & Life Insurance. I get residual off the medicare. I already passed my state test, tonight going to the local PD to get finger printing, which I will mail in with my form, then the state will issue me my agent number. Then, I will go through the process of contracting with about 5 companies (Aetna, Allwell, Ascension, etc.) After that, I will start to get my leads and start selling.

The other is I am partnered with Electronic Payments credit card processing. I just recently made my first deal w/ a local restaurant that does just over $1 mill in credit card sales each year. Going to start hitting the pavement on that as well. All residual income. I make (roughly) $1,000 per $1 mill sales volume ($1,000,000 x .001) so if I can get 49 more businesses of similar size, I'd make about $50k for the year in residual income.

If those take off, then so does my BJ career!