El Cortez heat

CR

I have noticed that the level of heat at the EC varies among the bosses. Any input on this? I have had some great sessions with a couple of their asian female bosses who seem to be more tolerant of everything.

The Mayor

I can get kicked out of EC in a heartbeat, and have many times. During the swing shift, they usually have this guy (LVBear, you know his name, as I recall) who is about 60 years old, about 5'8", overweight, grey, and a bit bald. He is the hit man, but the lady does not noticing (she is asian, about 50). In my experience, she tells him to watch a player, he does so, and counts down the deck, and then does the axing. She's the brains, he's the braun. Last time there I managed 10 minutes before the nod. Time before that about 5.

--Mayor

They watch the bet spread and the amount. They are used to milking the idiots there. $3 and $5 dollar bets. If you play stay red. Any bet over 30-35 dollars will get the watch. And any big bets spread will get the boot. A good place to perfect your single deck game and practice your act. I have always won there but you can play all day to make fifty to a hundred bucks. The chinese lady is a real witch. The old guy is a real hoot. He is on players quick and he tries to act menacing! Other than the small time action here the coffee shop is cheap. No comps here!

LV Bear

Administrator
El Cortez barring is meaningless

They back off so many people, they can't possibly remember them all. They wil even back off a ploppy on a lucky streak. You can go back time and time again, if you really want to.

It's such a low-roller dump that it's really just a training ground for new counters and other advantage players. They call out "brown action" with a single brown (green, anywhere else) chip. "Checks play" can be as little as $50.00 at times.

The loss of it is no big loss.

Coug Fan

I'll second this comment:

"And any big bets spread will get the boot."

I would only add that ANY bet jump which happens to correlate to the count will get you booted. A single jump will get you booted immediately. They don't make any attempt to verify that you are an AP. They seem happy milking the $3 betters and are content to piss off any ploppies who bet more than red. I guess they figure that the only people who would play there are AP's and homeless people.