El Cortez

F Y I With new management at the El Cortez, there are fewer $5 BJ tables than before.
I was there March 12-15. They have two new games at what were formerly BJ tables. That made the existing tables much more crowded and often impossible to find an open chair. Plus, the $25 table was sometimes closed as well. I'm hoping conditions there don't continue to get worse.
I've always been able to count there as long as I keep my spreads reasonable.

Damn. I love the El Cortez and am coming for a week again in May. I LIKE $5 tables, but I'd heard they were putting in higher limit tables. Hope I don't hasve to fight those wacko locals for a seat...

:laugh::laugh:I was playing in the El Cortez late last summer, single deck game-$10 units...first hand after the shuffle-a plus 5 count...bet $50 on two more circles on the next deal and got two twenties and a 19...won all three hands...about two hands later--two guys from out of nowhere are talking to the pit boss...Next thing I know,"Sir, you are welcome to play any game here at the Cortez except Blackjack"...But here's the funny part--At that time I hadn't had a haircut in seven years (I vowed not to get a haircut until the Cubs win a pennant)...Well, I went and got it all cut off for a job interview (didn't get the job-Rats)...went back to EC in January, won $300 playing with $25 units--I got a laugh out of it...Disguised in plain sight

forwhat77

Cortez has only one single deck during the day time hours now..During peak times your luck if you find 3 singles open. They have recently added two games which greatly increase the house advantage, replacing a SD and DD..Soon their may be no more playable games in Vegas!!!

I know. For the first time, it was hard getting into a single deck game. Nothing stays the same, but I always hoped the El Cortez would always offer its customers fair games at reasonable limits.

El Cortez has been busy all week, after about 10am it seems the ploppies are back up with beers in hand looking for some action. The basketball tournaments and St patrick's day stuff brought in some crowds for the week.

The single deck game is great, Spread 1 to 4 red and you should stay under the radar, check play is only called at a $25 bet at EC. Probably best to stay to one 4 unit hand vs 2 2-unit hands also. Also I would watch your chip stack.. if you get up fast from high counts... be careful mabe just take a quick break.

I have yet to experience heat at EC, although im wearing out my welcome with a few dealers that dont like me not tipping. I usually tip $1-2 when i color up... and dont tip anything inbetween. I really am not a fan of tipping at all, they have auto shufflers and the dealers are emotionless robots for the most part with the exception of a few. But whatever when im playing heads up its nice to have a robot dealing.

If you all have a card and want a good $5 DD DAS H17 game with good pen PM and ill throw you some info.