Eliot - something for you to consider

Stealth Bomber

How about organizing and starting an annual Advantage Player Tournament where pros take on pros for big $? In so doing, you could create an awareness of the compromised rights of these type of gamblers. Maybe the legislators would take notice and see to it that we gain a few more rights and subsequently we get treated a little better. Just need a TV broadcast network and financial sponsors to step up to the plate. It would be interesting to show how AP's have to try their best to fly under the radar at all times. During the broadcast, the players would be wearing disguises or masks and using their alias or handle names. Could also be a major endorsement for CC.COM.

revereman

AP Tourney

Sounds like a good idea but JUST getting a TV netwok and financial sponsors is like saying the Mets just need good pitching and hitting to get in the playoffs.
Also, unfortunately, the world doesn't care how hard APs have it and this wouldn't change anything. As much as I love blackjack, it's not as interesting as poker on TV. Also, tourney BS is different than "normal" BS, so that could cause some confusion. Also, APs are always saying how important the long run is and any tourney would be very short term. The most interesting point might be the betting strategies, not the palying strategies. I like your idea but I don't think the general public is ready for it. I imagine it would add some credibility if particpants anted up for the tourney and the winnings came out of the entry fees. It could be open to anyone, with many APs using their disguises. But I guess that defeats your original purpose. OK, I'm done rambling. I'd like this to work out somehow.

Stealth Bomber

Never Say Never for AP Reality TV

Just the mere fact that all of the players are not showing their face and the mystique of what exactly it is that pro players really do and go through should draw a lot of interest from the public. Of course, it depends greatly upon the quality of the promos for it and what big name is sponsoring it. After all, doesn't the general BJ playing public want to witness for the first time a real honest-to-goodness dog-fight between real professional BJ players? The viewers will notice how bets and play strategy change according to the count and other factors toward the end of each round. In fact, there could even be an accurate hi/low RC & TC shown in the corner of the TV screen while the tourney is being broadcast.

The key to its success depends mainly upon who the sponsor is and how much money is a stake. What the heck, if someone is willing to put enough $ into a winners pot, people will tune in. It doesn't even matter what the participants have to do. We all know this is true. Just take a look at what kind of not-so-interesting people are competing in not-so-interesting stupid games. An AP tourney could be a real authentic Reality TV show. Perhaps it could start with 100 AP participants and eliminate all the way down to the winner. Or just do one show of the six players who made it to the final table. I also think that this type of tourney should be played with 6D and each round should be a minimum of 40 hands.

Hello Harrah's! You might want to consider being the sponsor on this one before somebody else decides that it would be a real boost to their business.