Encore (Boston)

johndoe

I took a look last week. It's mostly crap.

None of the 3:2 tables on the main floor were open. All were $25 H17 6:5.

Upstairs in the high limit area was $100-$200+ minimums, S17 3:2, and with excellent penetration, if you can afford those stakes (not me!) They're undoubtedly watched carefully.

I was told by a floor guy they sometimes open $50 H17 3:2 tables on the main floor. Never $25 3:2.

And this is on a weeknight. I left without playing a hand.

MrFatCat

Saw a few 3:2 tables on the floor at $15 min a few weeks ago, I didn't try playing but it looks like they're recognizing they're not as high-end as they thought they were...

johndoe

MrFatCat said:
Saw a few 3:2 tables on the floor at $15 min a few weeks ago, I didn't try playing but it looks like they're recognizing they're not as high-end as they thought they were...
Thanks. Which pit was it, the one under the HL room (mixed with carnival games), or the pit under the poker section (near craps/roulette)?

I did get back there one other time, and backcounted the $50 tables for a bit. It's marginally playable, not really worth much effort though. More $15 tables is interesting though.

MrFatCat

johndoe said:
Thanks. Which pit was it, the one under the HL room (mixed with carnival games), or the pit under the poker section (near craps/roulette)?

I did get back there one other time, and backcounted the $50 tables for a bit. It's marginally playable, not really worth much effort though. More $15 tables is interesting though.
Under poker, only on the one side though, the other side was still $25s and $50s. They let you just backcount? I've been figuring this place wouldn't be worth my while in various ways, but that's interesting...

johndoe

MrFatCat said:
Under poker, only on the one side though, the other side was still $25s and $50s. They let you just backcount? I've been figuring this place wouldn't be worth my while in various ways, but that's interesting...
Thanks. I haven't seen $25 or $15 in those pits ever, though I haven't been there much. I guess they'd have to change the felt in the other pit from 6:5.

None of these tables are NMS, so they don't have much of a choice when it comes to back counting. I mean, like anywhere it has to be done with some finesse of course. I've heard rumors they're pretty sharp but who knows (or cares). If you don't play you've backed yourself off anyway.