End of Year Results

SammyBoy

After a disappointing 2003 (-122 units) I'm pleased to report a positive 2004.

Units Won: 356
Hours Played: 176.5

Also off to a good start in 05 +78.5 units in 4 hours of play. I hope everyone else had a good year.

Sammy

ZOD

2004 results

Another has come and gone. This year was ugly at the tables:

Total hours played: 405
Total units won/lost: -288
Ave: -.71 units/hour

My biggest session win was 114 units in about 90 minutes. My biggest loss was a disastrous combined loss of 283 units in back-to-back sessions. Some days you're the windshield; some days you're the bug.

Even with the blackjack heartache, there were a couple of positives. I did well in November and December, getting back almost 200 units; that did wonders for my mood. Also, investments from my accumulated bankroll did very well. Money-wise for the year, my bankroll actually increased.

Got to take your smiles where you can.

Happy New Year everyone...

ZOD

Garo

BR investment

Your post brings up a good question, what should I do with my bankroll while I'm not playing? I was thinking about keeping 50% in cash available to play anytime and maybe putting the other half in a bond fund. What do you do with your BR?

Garo

It's a significant issue

I wrote a post aout this a while back: keeping your bankroll in cash or in something like a savings account costs you a lot of money. It will eat up the profit from several trips per year.

My kick is preferred stocks, they work very much like bonds but they're traded on the public exchanges so there's $9.95 commission and online trading, all that good stuff. And with an online brokerage you can transfer money in and out of your bank account that you use for playing purposes. Being I'm well-employed and a new bankroll is only a Friday away I do all my cash handling in terms of trip ruin now, settling for 2% ROR no matter where I am or what I'm doing.

ZOD

Bankroll in waiting

I keep about a third of my bankroll in cash. I like the idea of ultra-liquidity and this gives me enough to pretty much do anything I want on the spur of the moment. As far as the other two thirds, I keep 75% in relatively safe growth oriented mutual funds and 25% as my "speculative" cash. It's the latter that was particularily successful this year. I'll be the first to admit that it wasn't through genius on my part, but rather some of that stock market "ploppy luck."

And since I know I can't count on that again, I really hope that the tables are slightly kinder for 2005. Trust the math...

ZOD