Every time you get a Blackjack .....

Last night I was playing for 4 hours, exactly one angel got their wings and they were of the minimum size. I have no idea how that is even possible. The angel wouldn't even get me more money, causing me to have to walk away form a +10 count with 2 decks to go. What a Hell of an awful night!

Automatic Monkey said:
Last night I was playing for 4 hours, exactly one angel got their wings and they were of the minimum size. I have no idea how that is even possible. The angel wouldn't even get me more money, causing me to have to walk away form a +10 count with 2 decks to go. What a Hell of an awful night!
Reminds me of the time I played a promotion coupon entitling me to 2-1 BJs for 1-hr. My flat bet was $25 on a CSM - I got no BJs and lost $1000. zg

ihate17

I will use that one

creeping panther said:
only a degenerate gambler would make such a statement. :(

Creeping Panther
Always the talkative type at the tables, I will incorporated that line into my general ploppy talk at the tables.

ihate17

Kasi

Automatic Monkey said:
Last night I was playing for 4 hours, exactly one angel got their wings and they were of the minimum size. I have no idea how that is even possible.
Well, if I make the assumption that BJ's are evenly distributed as expected, and that in 4 hours 32 BJ's are expected between you and the dealer and you only got one, then I get it's about a 1 in 130,000,000 that you'd get 1 BJ or less.

If I'm not totally off the wall, which I certainly could be, and then some, lol, may you enjoy such success on the next lotto ticket you buy :grin:

Kasi said:
Well, if I make the assumption that BJ's are evenly distributed as expected, and that in 4 hours 32 BJ's are expected between you and the dealer and you only got one, then I get it's about a 1 in 130,000,000 that you'd get 1 BJ or less.

If I'm not totally off the wall, which I certainly could be, and then some, lol, may you enjoy such success on the next lotto ticket you buy :grin:
Wait, the dealer got more than his fair share of BJ's. So did other players at the table. It was just me.

Let's say 400 hands and 1 BJ every 21 hands, that's around 20 BJ's to be expected. But by no means is it that unlikely to have a stretch of 200 hands with no naturals for the player. Throw 10 pennies in the air and they will all land heads 1 out of 1024 times, and they will all land tails 1 out of 1024 times. I haven't calculated what the probabilities are for long stretches without naturals but it's not nearly as high as you presume.

Kasi

Automatic Monkey said:
Wait, the dealer got more than his fair share of BJ's. So did other players at the table. It was just me.

Let's say 400 hands and 1 BJ every 21 hands, that's around 20 BJ's to be expected. But by no means is it that unlikely to have a stretch of 200 hands with no naturals for the player. .
Well I was assuming if you played 400 hands then the dealer did too. Except fewer hands an hour and 4 BJ's an hour. But maybe that's not right lol.