Favorite Pit Stops to Break Up the Long Road Trips. Go!

D0nnieD0minos

Active Member
I personally love to pit stop at Cracker Barrels along the interstate, but what's everyone's favorite place to hit to break up the long drive between stores?
 
Not sure about where you're talking about, but if you like Cracker Barrel and you're ever in Missouri, look up Lambert's, home of the throwed rolls. It's basically a strict upgrade over Cracker Barrel. They had two locations last I checked.

In Texas, Rosa's has fresh homemade tortillas constantly and a wonderful selection of salsas. They're in a few cities, mostly in the northern part of the state.

Kansas City, Memphis, Texas, Louisiana and basically everywhere in between has either excellent barbeque or a reasonable facsimile. KC's my favorite of the bunch but you can't really go wrong.

Lots of good and interesting sandwich options in the Midwest -- I've seen it called a horseshoe, a french dip, an Italian beef, but regardless, good sandwiches. Portillo's is my go to place for beef in Chicago & suburbs as well as two locations in Arizona. Indianapolis also had the best shrimp cocktail I've ever had (on account of the cocktail sauce being loaded up with fresh horseradish) -- it was in a bit pricey of a steakhouse, but you could probably sit at the bar and have a beer and a shrimp cocktail only and get out of there for $20 or so.

Since moving to New Jersey I've discovered plenty of excellent Italian food and especially pizza, wonderful bagels, and basically nothing else worth eating.

I personally love Chipotle and Five Guys for chain quick eats.
 
Back
Top