First 100 hours

with his past results how can you be so sure? there were plenty other players with stronger skills, larger bankrolls and better games and still went flat broke before the 350th hour
thanks god he has acccess to another 10kroll

Winneratlosing said:
with his past results how can you be so sure? there were plenty other players with stronger skills, larger bankrolls and better games and still went flat broke before the 350th hour
thanks god he has acccess to another 10kroll
yeah, I am positive, bro!

The ones that went flat broke are suckers. Losers in life. Karma got them!

This guy is going to turn it around!

The "SCORE" of 37 is VERY low. Due to below average PEN and not betting full Kelly. With closer to 70% PEN and a 1 Kelly factor it would be very close if not impossible to not show a profit after 1K hours. Green chipping is quite risky with only a 10k BR (my opinion). I do understand from your past posts that you have to take that risk for personal income requirements. In that case, hopefully variance will be your friend. That is all you can hope for when you over bet your bankroll.

KewlJ

Winneratlosing: why are you so bitter? Are you another of a seemingly growing group of players bitter because your results didn't meet expectation? Or more likely a recycled bitter loser, using a new handle. How clever. :rolleyes:

What do you care if JohnCrover has had a family member or friend invest in him? How is that any of your business? And why are you so bitter about it? Is it because you don't have anyone that cares enough to invest in you?

It is not all that uncommon for younger players to turn to family members and friends for investment. That way they don't get stuck playing for 3 years making less than minimum while you build your bankroll (and burnout your face, name and welcome), as some of us did.

5 years ago when my brother decided he wanted to play blackjack for a living, the first thing I did was spend 6 months trying to talk him out of it. And then I bankrolled him. Low level at first, for a year of experience, and then at my level as a full partner playing off my bankroll for a couple years. He is now playing on his own, doing well.

Is JohnCrover doing everything the way I would advise? No. But he appears to be serious about his path, has a plan, has spent a few years reading and learning, has invested in software (which is a sign of a player who is serious). So what the fuck is your problem and what is any of it to you? You just come off as a bitter a-hole.

kcchiefsfan1982 said:
I have a $5,000 bank roll...my bet spread is $10-$100 (although truly since I have $5 tables where I live, it is $5-$100)

True +1 $10
True +2 $30
True +3 $50
True +4 $100

Right now, I am only up $1400 after 450 hours :(

But, for my first 200 hours, i did not have a good bet spread. I learned that later after I bought a simulator. I was only raising my bet $10 per each true count lol!! Not betting nearly enough. Oh well, everybody is new once!
Hi! Do you mind sharing how's your progress now?? I'm interested to know your journey

King777 said:
Hi! Do you mind sharing how's your progress now?? I'm interested to know your journey
Not great, not terrible.

I am 68 hours in for the year and down $100 for the year...so basically "even" which I have been a break-even player through my career (hobby only) that started in 2019 where I played 650 hours, then played about 100 hours in 2020.

***EDIT***

I know the seasoned players are gonna hate me for such a small update, but I did have a +$650 outing last night, so, at least I am back in the black and out of the red for the moment :)

Last edited: