First Trip to Las Vegas - Low Roller $1-$5 Blackjack -

Cardcounter

I was just in vegas the best place to stay is at Bills Gambling Hall for $40.32 a night including tax.

But Playing a blackjack game with fair rules for $5 or under is impossible in vegas. They have 6-5 and crappy rules for that price. $50 minimum at the MGM had really great rules for double deck.

The best place to stay in Vegas is the Wynn....

Cardcounter said:
I was just in vegas the best place to stay is at Bills Gambling Hall for $40.32 a night including tax.
...comped!

All kidding aside, Bill's has surprizingly nice rooms that are inexpensive, very good food specials in their restaurant, and right at Flamingo. They have no playable games, but my friend Big Elvis (Pete Vallee) makes up for it. Don't miss his show. Also, their parking lot ramp is more fun than a roller coaster.

Cobbson

shadroch

Cardcounter said:

But Playing a blackjack game with fair rules for $5 or under is impossible in vegas. They have 6-5 and crappy rules for that price. $50 minimum at the MGM had really great rules for double deck.
I do hope your advice on Reno/Tahoe is better than your Vegas advice. you sound like atypical loser who didn't do any research and then moans about his lack of success.

moo321

b jay cobbson said:
...comped!

All kidding aside, Bill's has surprizingly nice rooms that are inexpensive, very good food specials in their restaurant, and right at Flamingo. They have no playable games, but my friend Big Elvis (Pete Vallee) makes up for it. Don't miss his show. Also, their parking lot ramp is more fun than a roller coaster.

Cobbson
They have a really live $ .50-1 NL game. It's a $20 buy-in, and people literally wander in drunk from the strip and donk off hundreds of dollars.

For the record:

- Golden Nugget does have $5 games during the week and at slow hours on the weekend. It's the standard 6D game (H17 DAS RSA LS).

- Silver Nugget is playable ($3 min) on certain days of the week when they run promotions (these change frequently). If you're not the most obvious counter in the world, you can play here for a little while. Plus, they usually have a DJ playing great funk and soul on the weekends right next to the pit.

- MGM has another decent, generic 6D game that runs at $5 minimums at off-hours and on weekdays. You can backcount pretty easily here.

- Longhorn and Bighorn are tiny places with low minimums and some unusual rules (double on any 3, etc.). You will get barred here if you play for any length of time, but if you're in the area, you can usually get a heads-up game at the one table they'll have open! $2 min.

- Slots has cheap games, but they are awful. They're worth practicing on if you're a new guy because you can play very aggressively at a slightly EV game and either play with impunity or get backed off at a place you don't care about playing anyway.

- Conditions change downtown a lot, but EC is an old standby and you will find some other good games if you look. This is assuming that you also play DD.