flashed bottom card in double deck

Meistro

anyone who has spent any amount of time playing double deck has probably seen a sloppy dealer forget to cover the bottom of the two-deck pile when they pull it out of the shuffle machine. should you be fortunate enough to encounter a dealer with this weakness there is an easy method to exploit it to your advantage. here is what you do :

step #0 : note the bottom carrd
Step #1 : cut 11 cards from the bottom.
Step #2 : open two spots.

Ideally you will be playing heads up. if you are playing with another person, make sure you are at first base. play only 1 spot on the first hand but open two spots on the second, if spreading to two spots is allowed mid shoe.

Personally I just count the # of cards that are dealt while maintaining a running count as well. This is pretty difficult so you can also just sort of 'eyeball it'. In a round where no hit cards come out you have a significantly lower chance of getting the key card. In a round where many hit cards come out and the target card still has not your chance of getting it is extremely high and you can bet with a higher degree of confidence. You don't have to be exact because if you are playing heads up you get 4 of the first 5 cards in a row to your hands so as long as you are pretty close you have an excellent chance of getting this card as one of your first two cards on one of your hands.

This is really only valuable if the card is a ten or an ace. Having either a ten or an ace as your first card is a strong advantage, 13% for the ten and >50% for the ace. Even when you adjust for the increased likelihood of this card going to the dealer this is still a quite advantageous situation, especially because like I said you have a roughly 4/5 chance of getting it (not quite that simply because it should be more likely to come to the first 3 spots than the last two assuming you are doing a good job!).

Of course it is important to practice this extensively at home before putting your own money at risk.

I'm not sure exactly how much to bet in this situation assuming you expect to get a ten. Off hand something like 1% of your bankroll feels right. Maybe even .5%. Then maybe 2-4% for the ace. A lot depends on your degree of accuracy. You can also use this first card prediction technique to exploit side bets like lucky ladies or kings bounty that require two ten value cards to pay off. This is obviously a very profitable situation if you know you are getting a ten as they pay at least 4:1 and you are only roughly 2.25:1 against hitting two tens.

Maestro, where I play DD, its not uncommon to see the bottom card. If I see a low card, I just cut it out of play (basically a thin cut of top) and start my RC at +1. If I see a ten or Ace, however, I just dont know that I can accurately cut 11 cards (or 10 or 12). I just play 2 hands off the top and expect it to come out in second round and thhus I may bet slightly more on both hands in second round. I dont think I can accurately vut to where I dare to bet much more. Since these are $25 min., games, I might go to $50 per hand when I expect the Ace or ten card out.

stopgambling

why would you do that ? try something harder (at least 20 plus ) , otherwise looks bad . BTW maybe we should go in depth into how to hole card . LOL. Nothing good can come out of these topics .

Knowing the exact (within 1 card) location of ANY card is valuable. Yes, you can steer an Ace or 10-value card to yourself. But you can also steer a 5 or a 6, or any other card, to the dealer as her hole card.

I play at a single-deck location where I get a peek at the bottom card about every other shuffle as the dealer is presenting the deck to cut. (Depends on dealer, some sloppier than others.)

So here is my plan: I sit at 3rd base and try to cut the dealer’s hole card every time the peeked card is not an ace or a 10. Knowing the dealer’s exact hole card has got to be worth +25% EV, no? Maybe more? If it’s an ace or 10, I cut it to myself.

If there are 6 players, I cut the peeked card to 15. (1 burn card, 6 players cards, 1 dealer up card, 6 more players cards, and then the dealer’s hole card. Accuracy is very easy to check as well. Let’s say I peek the 7 of hearts and cut it to 15. Once the first round has come out, if the cut was one short, I will have the 7 of hearts. If my cut was one long, the 7 of hearts will be the first hit card. If it doesn’t show up at either spot, then I know the dealer’s exact hole card is the 7 of hearts and can play accordingly. Not difficult to cut to exactly 15 either, with a little practice. And to be able double check accuracy before it’s my turn to play my hand makes it even more valuable. Obviously I adjust the number I cut to (9, 11, 13, 17) based on the number of betting circles filled.

Here’s a challenge:

I play alone. I only get to cut every 3-4 shuffles. I can tell everyone I really like to cut and 1 or 2 will likely defer to me when it’s their turn to cut. Not very clandestine. Would be much more advantageous to have 2-3 teammates at the table helping with the cutting and steering.

Thoughts anyone? Can anyone who’s tried this give feedback? Anyone want to practice and then come work it with me?

Everyone plays with their own bankroll. No trust needed on the money side. One player needs to keep the count, one player tracks suits for the royal match, and one player peeks bottom card and cuts known card to end up as dealer’s hole card.

I just cut the small card out, start my RC at +1, cut the 10 or Ace hoping to come to me. I play 2 hands and instead of 2 x 25, I bet 2 x $50 if I know the Ace or 10 might be coming out. Maybe I should bet higher.

Meistro

it all depends on how accurate you are with the cut. there is a degree of wiggle room though because if you are playing heads up you should get 4 out of 5 cards when yu are in the target area, because they will deal you, you, dealer, you, you then the dealer takes their card. but unless you have a high degree of accuracy with the cut you probably shouldn't bet too much. a lot depends too on how many cards come out in the first round. if like 11 or 12 come out and the card is still not there then it should almost certainly be coming out on the first or second card.