Foxwoods back to 3:2

I was there in March before coronavirus shut it down, while there are 6:5 tables full of ploppies and I pray to the BJ Gods that they are gone when it reopens but I never had trouble finding a seat at a 3:2 table, especially at Grand Pequot and Great Cedar. Decent pen.....right before the shutdown I had 6D shoes with approx 1/2 deck cut out.....I had no complaints.

johndoe

Cookingwithcards said:
Decent pen.....right before the shutdown I had 6D shoes with approx 1/2 deck cut out.....I had no complaints.
The only place with 6D shoes is the Newport Room, and it has a reputation for exceedingly high heat. The main floor is all 8D. I have very rarely seen someone cut less than a deck, so I'm skeptical. But 7/8 or 7.5/8 is still quite good, if it's real.

johndoe said:
The only place with 6D shoes is the Newport Room, and it has a reputation for exceedingly high heat. The main floor is all 8D. I have very rarely seen someone cut less than a deck, so I'm skeptical. But 7/8 or 7.5/8 is still quite good, if it's real.

Why would I bother writing it if it weren't true (real)? I can see in the forum world there are people who make stuff up but even people who make the most ludicrous statements seem to get more benefit of the doubt. I obviously won't put his name but he never cut more than approx 30 cards off. Best dealer I ever had and I'm also asking BJ Gods please let him be back!!! To your statement about No 6D anywhere except at The Newport Room, that is not true, although there are a lot more 8D than 6D which I hope changes. You are definitely correct about them usually cutting about a deck, sometimes more. Fox Tower seems to be the worst but I don't like having to walk so far to get there so maybe it's better than I think. I haven't tried Mohegan since I started counting, is it any better?

johndoe

Cookingwithcards said:
Why would I bother writing it if it weren't true (real)? I can see in the forum world there are people who make stuff up but even people who make the most ludicrous statements seem to get more benefit of the doubt. I obviously won't put his name but he never cut more than approx 30 cards off. Best dealer I ever had and I'm also asking BJ Gods please let him be back!!! To your statement about No 6D anywhere except at The Newport Room, that is not true, although there are a lot more 8D than 6D which I hope changes. You are definitely correct about them usually cutting about a deck, sometimes more. Fox Tower seems to be the worst but I don't like having to walk so far to get there so maybe it's better than I think. I haven't tried Mohegan since I started counting, is it any better?
People make mistakes all the time. I don't believe you when you claim there was 6D on the main floor. I highly doubt there is a single table outside of Newport (or the other high limit rooms, like Skygazer) with 6D. There has never been a single one in the 10+ years I've played there, and we would have heard about the addition of such a thing from other regular players.

Mohegan's pen sucks, don't bother. If you find someone cutting less than two decks, consider yourself lucky.

21forme said:
Correct, in my case.
Thank you for answering. The both of you seem very nice, at least from what I've read on this and Norms forum. I'm new to counting so I appr
johndoe said:
People make mistakes all the time. I don't believe you when you claim there was 6D on the main floor. I highly doubt there is a single table outside of Newport (or the other high limit rooms, like Skygazer) with 6D. There has never been a single one in the 10+ years I've played there, and we would have heard about the addition of such a thing from other regular players.

Mohegan's pen sucks, don't bother. If you find someone cutting less than two decks, consider yourself lucky.
I think you read my post and made an assumption, as we were initially discussing availability of 3:2 tables at foxwoods to which I stated I never had trouble finding a 3:2 table at Foxwoods. End of first statement. I then went on to talk about pen, and a time where I found a dealer who was cutting only half a deck off on a 6 deck shoe, I never said which room it was in as I don't think publicly posting that is smart. I also never said it was on any of the main floors, just said there was plenty of 3:2 tables on the main floors I also said you were correct about more 8D than 6D.

BoSox

Cookingwithcards said:
I then went on to talk about pen, and a time where I found a dealer who was cutting only half a deck off on a 6 deck shoe, I never said which room it was in as I don't think publicly posting that is smart.
Neither is even mentioning anything that has to do with great cuts on an open forum.

BoSox

Cookingwithcards said:
I'm sorry, did I break a rule? I apologize Bosox. I never said his name or where he was dealing.
Actually, I have no right to tell any member here what can and can not be said, and I wouldn't try. Although, there are some unwritten rules that are often followed among some of the more experienced players. Namely do not ruin someone else's opportunities (who was quiet but well aware) by drawing more competition into the equation.

BoSox said:
Actually, I have no right to tell any member here what can and can not be said, and I wouldn't try. Although, there are some unwritten rules that are often followed among some of the more experienced players. Namely do not ruin someone else's opportunities (who was quiet but well aware) by drawing more competition into the equation.
I really am sorry and I will not post anything like that again. The last thing I want to do is ruin opportunities for someone else or myself!

paymypush

For the past year or so Foxwoods has been backing off players from those 8 deck H17 tables on the main floor and that includes red chippers. They have also done away with counter measures such as flat betting etc. A backoff means no more blackjack. Many years ago I was backed off from the Newport room and told that I could play on the main floor. To this day I find that very strange.

johndoe

paymypush said:
For the past year or so Foxwoods has been backing off players from those 8 deck H17 tables on the main floor and that includes red chippers. They have also done away with counter measures such as flat betting etc. A backoff means no more blackjack. Many years ago I was backed off from the Newport room and told that I could play on the main floor. To this day I find that very strange.
That's unfortunate. I may increase my cover a little, and/or emphasize SP21 when things open up again.

johndoe

Interesting, I saw the announcement but didn't notice it was only for CT/RI people. They should have just said "no one from NYC!"

I'd be curious to see how they set this up, if anyone gets out there, post photos!

paymypush

They have now backed off that and are saying everyone is welcome, however out of state busses will not be allowed. The have also stopped marketing to Massachusetts and New York residents. In addition to no poker there will be no bingo and no concerts. All restaurants will be take out only. Face masks are mandatory and temperature sensors will be at all entrances. If you don't bring a mask they will provide one.

DSchles

paymypush said:
They have now backed off that and are saying everyone is welcome, however out of state busses will not be allowed. The have also stopped marketing to Massachusetts and New York residents. In addition to no poker there will be no bingo and no concerts. All restaurants will be take out only. Face masks are mandatory and temperature sensors will be at all entrances. If you don't bring a mask they will provide one.
They can't possibly survive without the NY bus crowd. They'll change their mind in no time.

Don