H17 and S17

I've noticed from what Ive been reading that on a 6D, DOA, DAS the difference in advantage between H17 and S17 is about -.20. Roughly -.60 and -.40 respectively.

When playing a H17 game is the advantage basically -.40 throughout the entire game until the point when the dealer actually has A,6? Does the house advantage jump from -.40 to -.60 once the dealer gets an A,6 but will stay -.40 throughout the entire H17 game?

(Newbie player here - hope that question makes sense)

Thanks,

Yaada

I do understand your question. What you're not realizing is that you don't know what cards will be dealt to the player or the dealer before each hand, shoe, or 4-hour session.

Your question is just like asking this: "Are the odds for a blackjack game -.4 percent until you are dealt a blackjack, at which point the odds are now 150 percent (not quite, given possible pushes) for the player?"

Thing is, the difference between H17 and S17 is such that, before you know what cards will be dealt, the odds for H17 are around -.60 percent, and for S17 -.40 percent. This already takes into account the odds the A,6 combination will appear for the dealer and the odds that hitting will improve the dealer's hand.

I hope that helps!

wong out

The % adv (0.4 and 0.6) refers to the average disavantage that you will see if you play BS and play each hand of the shoe to the given pen. Your edge on each individual hand will vary wildly as each card is played. For example you first card is an Ace (now your edge for that hand has jumped to about 58%); if its a 10 then your edge is about 13%. If your first card is low and the dealer gets a ten now you have a significant neg advantage for the hand. Add up all the hands that you expect to play and the overall edge will approach your 0.4% number. BJ would be much more fun to play if we could alter our bets after seeing our first card....Hmmmm....would make me want to quit the day job....

Yes it does thank you.

I guess basically .4 and .6 is the average advantage the house has in that type of game - H17 or S17. And preferably you want a game where the average advantage is the lowest for the house. Got it. I think. Hehehe thank you.