Halves Indices

Dear Mayor,

Are the indices for halves that you post accurate? I play halves with half deck division and primarily in AC since this is no longer my profession and I am close to AC. Do you have all indices for the game I play? And possible explain the conservatism of deviating from basic strategy the decisions you posted.

Thanks,

Furon

The Mayor

You said: Are the indices for halves that you post accurate?

Yes, they were obtained from Professional Blackjack Analyzer, software developed by Stanford Wong. However, you should not that I am using "Halves Doubled" -- namely 1,2,2,3,2,1,0,-1,-2,-2 (and not .5, 1, 1, 1.5...).

You said: Do you have all indices for the game I play?

I could obtain them, but for 8 deck there is almost no gain in moving from 18 indices to a full set of indices. Much more important is finding decent penetration and perfecting your wonging skills.

You said: And possible explain the conservatism of deviating from basic strategy the decisions you posted.

I don't understand what you are asking.

Best luck,

--Mayor

Mayor,

Thnk you for your response. I was a bet tired when posted and realize that you are using whole deck division instead of half. Is there an advantage in multiple decks to use half deck division and what would your adjustment be for betting for each as rich or deficient for betting?

Furon

The Mayor

If you can use 1/2 deck division in multiple decks, you have a much better eye than me. Here is the problem...

RC = 13, about 4 decks remaining. Hmmm... TC is about 3, maybe a little more.

RC = 13, about 4.5 decks remaining. Hmmm... I'm not very good at division, let's see, how does that go? OK 4 into 13 is 3 and change. 5 into 13 is 2 and change. Let's compromise and call it 3. (This is called interpolation).

And you get the same result for all your troubles at either 4 or 4.5 decks!

--Mayor