hi-lo | 6 decks

itakeyourmoney

Rajoninis said:
hi,

Is hi-lo good enough for 6 decks game?
I think hi-lo is preferred for 6 decks because of it's accurate count with large decks and it's ease of use. But others can give you better advice than I can.

johndoe

Rajoninis said:
hi,

Hi-lo is probably the most popular count for 6-deck games, and is very effective. Those that are better are only marginally so, and are much more complicated (leaving you prone to error) Save those for when you have much more experience.

Cherry7Up

Rajoninis said:
hi,

I think all here would agree that hi-lo is "good enough" for (i.e. can make profitable) most 6 deck games.

However, if you have not already learned hi-lo, you might look at Snyder's Red 7 count from "Blackbelt in Blackjack." It is an unbalanced count which means you do not have to do any deck estimation or true count conversion. This convenience comes at the expense of some precision, but it makes the count much easier for me to use. There are other unbalanced counts out there which offer similar convenience/precision trade-offs too.

FLASH1296

Because of the excellent

"Betting Correlation" Hi-Lo is an excellent choice for shoe games.

K.O. is marginally, but insignificantly, better.

moo321

I use hi-lo, and think it is quite simple to use, especially because most of the literature uses hi-lo. Red-7, KO, Zen, and other counts are also quite usable.

Thunder

Hi-Lo is great for shoe games. It has the advantage of over unbalanced counts in that it allows for high counts earlier in the shoe.

Xenophon

moo321 said:
I use hi-lo, and think it is quite simple to use, especially because most of the literature uses hi-lo. Red-7, KO, Zen, and other counts are also quite usable.
Moo.. Do you use count per deck or half deck (true edge)?

I have been very successful with hi-lo in both 6- and 8-deck shoes. My average is about 2.7 units per session.

Sometimes I Wong in but usually I start at the top of a shoe and Wong out if the count goes to about -1. My sessions last anywhere from a couple of minutes (when the count goes south right away) to about an hour. I usually play head-to-head or (at most) with two other players. I prefer Head-to-head.

Also, I will only play at shoes with 75%, or better, pen. With a goal of talking the dealer into even better pen - it really is easier than you might think.