Hi-Opt & Hi-Lo

I recently discovered (comparing win/loss results) that difference in
gain is about 34% in favor of Hi-Lo against Hi-Opt1 (without A side
count) . Is it really , i mean it means that i should win instead 1.5
2 units if i switch .
Please can someone give me more accurate result , i am playing 6 deck.
And Ken could you do that sim from early january . Pleeeeease :)

Why i asked this question , again ? It’s because Zen told me one data( and i appreciate that very much) and another man completely other . I mean 3.5 is not same as 1 . I thought that if someone tells me another result i could easelly decide .
But now i understand that i am just bothering you all , if so then i am sorry .
After all , i just tried to save me 140 $ for one minute of sim .

KenSmith said:
Just wanted to update this thread with my own simulation results, and I'm seeing different answers than zg.

With Hi-Opt I plus an Ace side count, playing all hands, using your spread:
(Bet 2u@1, 4u@2, 6u@3+), I get an overall initial bet advantage of 0.76%.
In 100 hands, your expected win is 1.27 units.

I used 4.5 decks dealt, less the 6 cards burned.
Thats a lot less than Sonny's sim (3.75/100)... did you factor in the 2:1 pay for suited BJ? zg

Sonny is a pro w/sim program who posted 3.75/100 for Misacar at CC.com before the site went dark. I was surprised but figured the high EV was due to the suitedBJ bonus. zg

KenSmith

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, that included the 2:1 on suited blackjacks. I ran that with SBA, and I glanced over all the settings afterwards and didn't see anything that looked like a problem. I'll use this as part of my testing for the latest versions of CVCX and CVData, just for fun. Hopefully I'll have time to do that tomorrow.

E-town-guy

A very stupid question...

What is the difference between rounds and hands?

zg why don't you invite Sonny to join this forum seeing how your main forum is down?

Last edited:

E-town-guy

:eek:

The reason I asked such a stupid question is because you said the high EV might be because its for # of rounds not # of hands. But in miscar's spread he only plays one hand per round so I thought it should be the same. Thats why I was confused more than usual, lol.