Hole-carding + Scavenger play

ExhibitCAA said:
Actually, it irks me when posers give bad advice. For you and Barfarkel to give bad advice to inexperienced players is as bad as the conmen progression sellers. Regardless of whether the bad advice applies to games in which there's an edge anyway, it's still bad advice that will cost people. Splitting Tens (which you continue to defend) is a rookie move.
I don't think that the HC splitting tens in Barfy's TR was offered as advice. And given that I couldn't get him to bet more than $25/hand, forcing him to split and resplit the hand was primarily done more for FUN and his readership. In the many Barfy TRs I often do push his envelope.

Given how strange or stupid HC plays can appear anyway, and given my proclivity for doing so when counting, splitting tens against 5 didn't seem too odd to an 'amateur HC' like me. When I do HC now my act is drunk in order to mask the apparent idiocy of the plays, like splitting 7s against 10, etc.

Also, given my relatively low frequency of HC play, I made no attempt in ZGI to pass myself off as an HC practioner, instead singing the praises of Stalker and his ilk.

I am reminded of the first time I encountered an HC opp - in 1975 at the old Royal Inn on Convention Center (now Greek Isles). The dealer was flashing every hand - I never encountered anything like that before - at first I thought it might be a set-up, like 3-card Monty or something.

To make matters worse, I had heat already from the SB 'Courtney' - watching the game like a hawk. Finally 'the hand' came: I was dealt A8 and the dealer held 20 - I stupidly hit and got a 2. The dealer flipped his hand and scooped my cards and money and then in mid-scoop did a double take - and then Courtney leaned over and proclaimed "Thats it, you're outta here!"

Lesson partially learned on that first time.

Turns out the flash was never suspected, I sent my buddy in to play later. They apparently presumed that my play was some superior counting. The dealer (big hulking sort of fellow) later became SB at Barbary and Courtney became SB at Gold Coast. zg

MAZ

daddybo said:
Okay Boys and Girls.. it's time for a "Kiss and Makeup" session followed by a Group HUG. Too close to the holidays for all this nonsense. :)

Let's hear it ZG and CAA .... Real Men Forgive, Forget, and get over it!

-DB
(Emissay for Peace)
Nonsense! A jackass is a jackass, holidays don't change a thing. And group hugs should be reserved for sexual scenarios only. To err is human, to forgive is lying to yourself about how much you hate the ignorant jackass who has wronged you. Forgiveness will stress you out more than disliking someone. Most forgiving will bottle up the truthful negative feeling inside leading to health issues. Being truthful about disdain is very liberating and quite healthy. :grin:

Sonny

daddybo said:
Okay Boys and Girls.. it's time for a "Kiss and Makeup" session followed by a Group HUG.
I'm not going to hold my breath for that to happen, but I agree that this is getting out of hand.

C'mon ZG, let this die already. You've spread this drama over three different threads and kept rekindling the fire every time it reached a reasonable resolution. Outing Radar was a very bad move as well. Either one of those is grounds for a temporary ban, but since it is so similar to your regular behavior (that I naively allow) I will let you off with a warning this time. Be aware that my patience for these little games is limited, especially when it crawls out of the ZenZone and infects the real forums.

Let's all do our part to keep these forums clean and productive. Take James Lipton's advice - before you post, "give it a ponder."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CoAQkK8NCE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8H4CB6ok4E

-Sonny-

Sonny said:
C'mon ZG, let this die already. You've spread this drama over three different threads and kept rekindling the fire every time it reached a reasonable resolution. Outing Radar was a very bad move as well. Either one of those is grounds for a temporary ban, but since it is so similar to your regular behavior (that I naively allow) I will let you off with a warning this time.
Fair enough. I apologize to Radar ALSO. zg

daddybo

MAZ said:
Nonsense! A jackass is a jackass, holidays don't change a thing. And group hugs should be reserved for sexual scenarios only. To err is human, to forgive is lying to yourself about how much you hate the ignorant jackass who has wronged you. Forgiveness will stress you out more than disliking someone. Most forgiving will bottle up the truthful negative feeling inside leading to health issues. Being truthful about disdain is very liberating and quite healthy. :grin:
:laugh: you be a Maz Man.

Ahh, but as my dear ol'e grandad put it.. When you see an Idiot and a Learned Man arguing on the street... It's hard to tell which is which.

Also, Forgiving someone who has wronged you and is undeserving will hurt them much more than than Hating them will help you!

-db :)
(Emissary for Peace)

WRX

I haven't seen Radar O'Reilly show up on any of the boards in over a year. Radar's posts were distinctive, and should have been recognizable to anyone who had been reading older posts, even when put up under another handle. Radar used a couple of other handles, but the author was no secret. (Exhibit CAA's messages look nothing like Radar O'Reilly posts.)

WRX said:
I haven't seen Radar O'Reilly show up on any of the boards in over a year. Radar's posts were distinctive, and should have been recognizable to anyone who had been reading older posts, even when put up under another handle. Radar used a couple of other handles, but the author was no secret. (Exhibit CAA's messages look nothing like Radar O'Reilly posts.)
It was just another one of those bizarre conspiracy theories. I'm actually not good at all in distinguishing board
nuances. When ExCAA challenged me to try thinking hard who else it might be, I was just spit balling. zg