Hotel recommendations

Be visiting Las Vegas with family at Christmas time. Plan is to land in Las Vegas on 23rd, stay a couple on nights and then head out, maybe drive to San Diego. In any case, for the couple of nights. I wanted to stay where it is convenient for the Mrs. to walk around and shop or sightsee. Good deals are available at Harrah's, Flamingo, the Linq, etc. Anyone know of their rooms? Are they convenient to the strip? Any other suggestions?

I normally am not at the strip when I visit for playing BJ and not that familiar with locations.

JJP

Anyone stay at the South Point? Supposedly 3-2 BJ payoffs at all tables & no 8 decks. Also see no parking fee.

JJP

21forme said:
JJP, terribly sweaty place.
Thanks. Just to clarify, are we talking "sweaty" for a professional card counter, or even relative newbies? Would they sweat out hands under $100?

LC Larry

SP is the El Cortez of the South. It's called "Sweat Joint" for a good reason. I think the only AP they tolerate is Bob Dancer because he consults for them as well.

JJP

Interesting because the South Point, at least for sports bettors, is one of the better "outs" in town. Apparently that philosophy does not extend to other areas.

Is the Orleans a better option for blackjack?

JJP

Wow, thanks for that. It seems so ridiculous; they will take a sports wager for $50k and back off someone for spreading $10 to $50. Really disappointing to hear. I think the wife wants to go there, but at least they have a shuttle to the Strip.