House Edge for this BJ Surrender (Betfred)

I'm a bit unsure about the House Edge at Betfred, the rules are:
* After each round, used cards are returned to the deck and the deck is shuffled.
* The player may not split a split hand.
* Only one card is drawn to split aces.
* The player may double after splitting.
* The dealer will check for Blackjack if he is showing an ace or a ten-value card.
* The player can surrender on the first two cards, after dealer checks for Blackjack. If you surrender, you lose half your bet and the game round is over.

The calculator from wizard of odds doesn't have the option "early surrender" and the BS here shows a house edge of -0.19%, but I'm sure it's not correct :p

/edit: it's a 6 deck game

Last edited:
Sorry can't help you calculate that housedge. Although it doesn't look good. It doesn't sound like anything that i would want to play.

What you describe should be "late surender" not early surrender.
Stay away from continous shuffel machines.

Hope someone can help you better than me;)

BJ Switch does have a better house edge but it will probably take you at least twice as long due to the much more complicated basic strategy. This also means theres probably a greater chance of you making mistakes playing blackjack switch which might wipe out the house edge advantage.

bluewhale

very good point. i also used to think like amigo. but if you think like that, you'll never learn new things. play BJ switch. now i know almost the entire BS to BJ switch. this is something i'll now have with me forever, very useful. i was actually walking down the street to get some pizza yesterday and a sassy gal asks me what i do with a 13 vs a 2 in BJ switch, and i say HIT ME BABY!

true story, u never know when you'll need basic strategy

bluewhale said:
very good point. i also used to think like amigo. but if you think like that, you'll never learn new things. play BJ switch. now i know almost the entire BS to BJ switch. this is something i'll now have with me forever, very useful. i was actually walking down the street to get some pizza yesterday and a sassy gal asks me what i do with a 13 vs a 2 in BJ switch, and i say HIT ME BABY!

true story, u never know when you'll need basic strategy
lol :laugh: